Author Topic: I need a hot box...  (Read 4348 times)

mikekeswick

Re: I need a hot box...
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 05:14:03 am »
Yep 100 watt normal bulbs are not being sold here anymore (UK). I have a big bag full but they are slowly running out.
If you use light bulbs for the heat make sure there is plenty of room around them. They will blow quickly if they are near a surface that reflects heat back onto them.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 07:36:43 am »
Good tips, thanks guys! I have a few blanks Im itching to reflex but wont touch them until they dry back out.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 11:37:21 am »
I don't have a hot box, but we did get a good dehumidifier for the house awhile back due to high humidity levels and allergies/asthma.  I try to keep the house under 40%, and since i got it i bring my staves that I'm tillering (esp hickory) inside for 24 hrs before i do any work on them.  Seems to have made a big difference.  I keep all my finished bows in the house of course.

Okie you may look into getting one (though a hotbox would be cheaper!!!).

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 02:53:31 pm »
Those new laws about incandescent bulbs frustrate me. Anybody who lives in a temperate climate (ie the UK, Canada, and the most populous areas of the US) sees no net energy change due to the type of bulb they use. That's because in the winter the bulbs actually heat the home saving on heating energy throughout the colder months. Its a simple energy balance and the politicians and the environmentalists are blind to it. Add in the disposal concerns of florescent bulbs and we've likely got a less environmentally friendly product. [/end rant]

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 06:34:58 pm »
Lets keep this on topic, Slackbunny!  >:(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC