Author Topic: How to Video: Hafting Stone Points  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Carson (CMB)

How to Video: Hafting Stone Points
« on: May 12, 2013, 11:56:28 am »
At the request of Dan K I got my how to video describing hafting of stone points posted up on youtube. I look forward to your comments/feedback!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SziXgekvQVA
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:08:38 pm by Carson (CMB) »
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline steve b.

Re: How to Video
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:06:56 pm »
Great video, well done, as is the fletching vid.  I'll take two dozen of those arrows.  I'll have to pay you some other time though, but you know I'm good for it...... :laugh:

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
Re: How to Video: Hafting Stone Points
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 02:25:40 am »
Thanks bro.  I'm assuming you melt the pitch and form a light coat over the sinew maintaining a smooth transition from point to shaft. 
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline Carson (CMB)

Re: How to Video: Hafting Stone Points
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:36:02 am »
Sure thing Steve, will get right to work on those... ;)

That is right Dan...smooth transition between point and shaft ;)  Also, the"sealer" pitch blend has more wax and very little charcoal compared to the pitch blend used to set the point. Thanks for watching guys. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso