Author Topic: Much needed rest after the classic  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Otter

Much needed rest after the classic
« on: May 06, 2013, 02:13:46 pm »
Wow, had a great time, built a nice bow in the challange, my second bow only, sold and traded some beaver tail, got some leather, arrows and ect. Best was just meeting everyone there. Everyone was nice and helpful, and if you ever get to come, my advice is come early and camp there, after hours was when it comes to life. But all the fun must come to a end and after a 500 mile drive home....... Im glad to get some much need rest.

blackhawk

Re: Much needed rest after the classic
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 03:16:48 pm »
Glad ya got it shooting Eric...there's only way to TRY and describe the classic..and that's to go there yourself to find out ;)

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 08:12:45 pm »
It sure was nice meeting you Otter. I got off without gettin some of that beaver tail, though. Maybe next time.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Otter

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 08:48:52 pm »
Thx u Blackhawk for all your help. You and a bunch of other guy where great help, I will be calling on u all for more advice im sure lol. It was great to meet you to Lesken and I hope to have some more beavertail next year. And i will have some saved for u  if the good Lord blesses me with some. Lol on the trip back home still in Tennessee there wasa big beaver that was just ran over in the freeway.  :laugh:

Offline Josh B

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 09:20:29 pm »
LOL!  I seen that big ol bloated up Beaver!  I think it would explode if you tried to relieve it of its tail.  I do know what you mean on the rest bit.  I was dragging my donkey all day today!  It was good to see you again Eric.  BTW, you never told me your draw length. ::)  Josh

Offline Otter

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 10:43:48 pm »
Lol.. Yeah i told steve to stop and we would through that big old thing in the cooler so HE COULD SKIN IT OUT LATER ! Lol.  he wouldnt go for it.  :laugh:my draw lenght is 28" and poundage any where around 45 to 55 pounds.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 11:51:01 pm »
I got home at 11:30 last night and hit work at 6. It was a good time for me to start training the young boy working with me to start running the airboat. I just couldn't stand to hear that 350HP engine start up this morning.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otter

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 12:31:40 am »
So glad i had today off mullet, its been up at 6:00 am and bed @ 1:00 am for last four nights. But it sure was fun. Have to get up early in the morning  :'( back to work, lol. I bet there was alot of u who was draging there feet today as well lol.

Offline Otter

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 01:27:17 pm »
im rested up some and think i might start working on a bow tonight. You people have cursed me lol. now all i think about is making a bow,is there a cure ot there?

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 03:42:55 pm »
Eric there is no cure, but you might get some relief... if you make that bow. ;)

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 08:38:00 am »
Glad yall got home safe,and that you had a good time.I am about to get caught up on rest and here at work so life is good. Can't wait till next time. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 10:01:00 am »
im rested up some and think i might start working on a bow tonight. You people have cursed me lol. now all i think about is making a bow,is there a cure ot there?

Yup... its called six feet under ;)

Offline Otter

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 10:28:40 am »
Lol. I guess its a life sentence of chasing a ring, Life is good pappy and tell your wife to pm me if she wants that chili recipe.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 11:47:47 am »
I'll do it,ate some last night,yum yum good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good