Author Topic: Tennessee  (Read 3089 times)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Tennessee
« on: May 09, 2013, 12:56:25 am »
Hello brothers and sisters of the forest.. Just wanted to say hello to all on here and say that life really is good, just got back from pappy's in Tennessee and must say that it was a real treat meeting everyone after all these years . What an honor to spend time on that sacred land with fellow brothers and sister of the bow.. I feel I have made lifelong friends and can't wait for next year.
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 12:59:06 am »
It was great meeting you Hawk.  I really enjoyed hearing about your elk hunting adventures and watching you knap.  Looking forward to seeing you next year.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 01:43:15 am »
It was great to meet you to Mike
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 01:49:18 am »
Nice to finally meet you in person Mike. I feel like I've known you forever.  8)  It was nice to meet Mary too. She seems to fit right in with your lifestyle and handled us Easterners pretty well.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 08:01:24 am »
It was great to meet you, Mary, and Joe.  Loved your stories and could learn a lot from you on your life style.  See you next year hopefully.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 08:45:40 am »
Great to meet you Mike and also Mary,Joe has talked so much about you ,gald we finely got to meet.Hope we can do it again someday. :) Long trip but I hope it was worth the time. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 09:21:59 am »
Glad you made it home safe.  It was good to meet you and Mary and thankd for bringin Joe too.

Hope to cross paths again someday. dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

blackhawk

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 09:34:32 am »
Good to meet ya to mike...and hope to see ya there next year :)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 09:38:12 am »
Mike, it was great to meet you, Mary and Joe.  Thank you again for including my son and myself in the Lakota ceremony.  It is a special memory we'll treasure forever.  See you again, brother of the forest.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 12:13:31 pm »
Mike it was a good time in the pit and you did a good job on that blue blade,Remember to zig zag.
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Stringman

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 12:37:05 pm »
The food was good. The range was well layed out. Plenty of room to get under a roof when it rained. Nice variety of vendors and easy parking, but the thing I loved the most was the folks! Hawk, Mary and Joe...you all are the kind of people that made the trip for me. My buddy Dave came with me this year and he's never been involved in this community before. First thing he said was "everyone's SO nice!" It's true, sittin in the knapping pit swapping huntin stories and feelin truly at home. Talkin to you and Joe by the fire felt more like talkin to family. I'm so glad you all came and hope your time in TN was worth the drive. Hope to see you again!

Scott

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 03:17:06 pm »
On the way home we dropped down to southwestern Missouri to see Hawk's brother, Randy and his family.  Got there in the middle of the night and was fed some awesome fish.  Listening to Hawk and his brother talk about growing up it was easy to see how the Hustons were raised to hunt and be one with the mountains.  Randy's son, Beau Hunter Huston aged three has already started the next generation of the Huston tradition!  I only wish each of you could spend some time hunting with Hawk!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 03:50:23 pm »
It was a great pleasure to spend time with you, Hawk.  Very glad to meet Mary, also.  I'm going to echo Matt and say that it was an honor to take part in the pipe ceremony.  It made an impression on me.
See you down the way!
1’—>1’

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 10:34:08 pm »
It was realy nice meeting and talking to you Mike, and Mary is a Sweetheart. After hearing Joe talking about you for the last few years it was really a pleasure.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 11:24:16 pm »
Awesome good time with my brothers and sisters of the bow.
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston