Linked Events

• 24th Annual Elm Hall Stickbow Shoot, Michigan: August 02, 2013 - August 04, 2013

Author Topic: 24th annual 2013 Elm Hall Stickbow Shoot, Michigan  (Read 48052 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Re: 24th annual 2013 Elm Hall Stickbow Shoot, Michigan
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2013, 08:28:23 am »
My wife and I are planning on coming too, really looking forward to it. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the
people so much at the classic that we had to get to another one of these events again this year. The rain
at the classic didn't dampen our spirits any and I'm sure it wouldn't at Elm Hall either but it would be nice
to have good weather. :)  Getting there on thursday, can't wait, gonna be fun.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

blackhawk

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2013, 08:50:02 am »
Sweet Greg....we didn't get enough time to hang and talk at the classic...5 minutes was just not enough...I'm sure we'll have time to at elm hall..its a lil slower paced n more "relaxing"... but a good time for sure nonetheless

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2013, 11:27:08 am »
Great Greg,ask where the Tennessee camp is and come visit or camp close by,didn't get much time at the Classic,I have a little less to do at this one. ;) :) :) :) :) Talked to Rocky and the bus is set and he said their was plenty of room for Br. Dan's camper and Grants set up,more room in that little circle he makes off for us than you think ,if you watch how folks set up. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2013, 11:42:29 am »
Sweet Greg....we didn't get enough time to hang and talk at the classic...5 minutes was just not enough...I'm sure we'll have time to at elm hall..its a lil slower paced n more "relaxing"... but a good time for sure nonetheless

My thoughts as well Greg. Looks like I may have to take another day off and make it a 4 day'er.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2013, 08:45:04 pm »
Back at ya guys, looking forward to relaxing, getting to know everybody and generally having a good time. May even shoot a few arrows while I'm there. :)
Everyone is welcome to stop at our camp for a visit, always Kentucky bourbon in our camp at night and hot coffee on
the fire in the morning. ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2013, 07:26:39 am »
I will stop by and you do the same,cool Miller Lite for me,me and brown do mix well.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2013, 09:03:03 am »
Got your spot all trimmed up, bush whacked and taped off Pappy. I carved out a small spot to the north of you under a big white pine, should get me lots of shade! The two ranges are laid out and look pretty good through my eyes. We got a lot of work done Saturday morning.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2013, 10:04:46 am »
Thanks for clearing my spot out for ME pearly !!!! How nice of ya.....ya gonna wipe my but too when I'm up there  >:D  :laugh:

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2013, 11:13:47 am »
Ya Rocky called me and said it was all fixed up and you had found a nice shady spot for yourself. Can't wait to get away and see yall,little over 2 weeks and counting. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline K.Hills

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2013, 02:16:54 pm »
Just received more brat making supplies... we should be all set with the brats. Looking fwd to seeing all the old faces and new ones too. it has been a hot one here this week (heat index over 100) but they are calling for it to cool off a little

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2013, 05:44:57 am »
That's great Kevin,We still on for Wed. evening  ;) :) ?
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline K.Hills

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2013, 01:35:04 pm »
absolutely Pappy, I was getting a little low on the brat casings but my latest order came in so we are all set now.
All of the brush-hogging is done at the club but there is still lots to be done. we have several work nights between now and the shoot but it will all come together like it always does.
Chris (pearl drums) was there last weekend to help out with the course layout (very much appreciated) and we will have a nice course split into two again this year so you can stop back at your campsite for a cold refreshment if need be. Looking fwd to the event.
K. Hills

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2013, 08:08:28 pm »
Well guys, Looks like I wont be making it this year. :-\ A friend of mine is having a wedding the 3rd and I really cant miss it. ::) I was soooooolooking forward to it, but maybe next year. Hope you guys have a blast and the weather is good, cus if it rains you might be pearless again! ;)

Cody
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2013, 09:13:23 pm »
Dang Cody was hoping to finally get a chance to shoot some arrows with you. Have a good time at your friends wedding though.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2013, 09:47:05 pm »
Went out and bought a portable shower enclosure and set it up today in the yard to make sure all the parts were
there. Since I'm bringing the wife to this event and we are going for 3 days she insist that I shower at least once in that time :o.
After I set it up I got an idea on how to help pay for it, I'll allow others to use it for a small fee. So if any of you need
to clean up heres the fee schedule: >:D

Basic shower...... 50 cents
If your really dirty ,maybe...... 75 cents
If your not real dirty and your willing to carry the shower bag to the spigot and refill...... 25 cents
If you willing to share a shower with a buddy, (none of my business), two for ...... 75 cents
On second thought....... no shared showers allowed

Please bring your own towels, towel service not provided.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: