Linked Events

• 24th Annual Elm Hall Stickbow Shoot, Michigan: August 02, 2013 - August 04, 2013

Author Topic: 24th annual 2013 Elm Hall Stickbow Shoot, Michigan  (Read 48069 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 24th annual 2013 Elm Hall Stickbow Shoot, Michigan
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2013, 09:59:13 am »
We are getting close now guys! Lets just hope or pray we have a touch cooler weather and maybe just maybe a 5 mph breeze to accompany. Im stealing chickenhawks camp spot, I made my mind over beers and a lawn chair this weekend!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2013, 10:19:17 am »
Yep cooler weather would be nice,as long as you ant planing on trying to take over the bus, I am good. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2013, 10:29:52 am »
Im stealing chickenhawks camp spot, I made my mind over beers and a lawn chair this weekend!

Looks like I won't be making it up this year... :-\.....seeing how I now have no spot to camp  :( .... ::)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2013, 10:39:00 am »
Ill stay out of that bus pappy, unless I have to jump aboard to grab a gifted beer!

There is a real nice sunny spot you can have Chris? Several actually!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2013, 11:38:14 am »
You could sleep under the bus Pearl. ;) Lots of shade there. :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2013, 12:00:22 pm »
That's true!

Im heading out Saturday to help lay out the 3-D courses. Should be fun!

Offline Otis

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2013, 12:15:54 pm »
I talked to Rocky yesterday and am looking forward to this shoot.  Got to get through with the IBO shoot first. Can hardly wait.
                                                                           David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2013, 10:09:34 am »
Good luck on the IBO Dave,hope it goes good for yall,I may see ya Friday :-\
When do you plan on coming up to ElmHall. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2013, 10:56:56 am »
I'm just wishing for dry weather.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2013, 11:36:38 am »
   Steve (ThunderNose) and I will be up Thursday afternoon/evening depending on when we leave and how long a drive. I figure 8 hours. I'm bringing the pop-up, will there be room to put it by the bus. What about showers, water? Do I need to bring that with me. Can't wait to go. Will see David next week at Cloverdale for the IBO.   I'll see everyone in 3weeks.  BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2013, 11:58:57 am »
Dan there are no showers in the club house. There is a nice bathroom for a bird bath if you need one. And there is plenty of water to fill and re-fill all you need. The bus is new this year, hard to say where it may be parked or if there will be room for a pop up near by. The club grounds are huge and you have about 50-60 acres of space to set up camp. 

blackhawk

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2013, 12:06:50 pm »
What's a shower?  ??? ...never heard of it before..  ::) ....I take a West Virginia bath n jump in da crick once every couple months to clean up.... ;D

Offline Otis

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2013, 06:27:10 pm »
It'll be Friday evening. Gonna have to work til at least noon, maybe all day.  Just have to wait and see.  Looking forward to seeing everybody again. Glad to see
Steve is coming BroDan.

David

Offline JEB

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2013, 11:46:18 pm »
This has to be the best trad shoot in the state.  Daughter in law and five kids wants to come so I will be bringing the trailer for her and the kids to stay in.  Makes life a little easier especially when the youngest is 6 months old.!!!

I ask Rocky while in at the Classic this spring if I could put on a novelty shoot fundraiser with ALL proceeds going to the Old Warrior Camp in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for Wounded Warriors .  Without hesitation the answer was YES. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2013, 06:29:54 am »
It ought not be that long a drive for you Dan,I drive it in a little over 8 hours.
Plenty of water but no shower,We will make room for the camper close to us.
We will be there Tuesday evening/night depending on when we get away.Leaving as soon as I can get away from work, By 10 or 11 am I hope. :) In the bus I have Me/Jon/Jon's brother Dan/Chuck/Dave. I think that is it.  :-\ Sleeps 5 without a cot. Grant and Dan are coming the same time but using Grant's tent.Not sure about Brian ,Hunter and Chris but I would be suprised if they go.I also haven't talked to Bob/Nelly and Gary yet but assume they will be in our camp also along with several more of the regulars that always stay with us. :) :) Can't wait.see yall soon. :) Matt I will be in the bus ,so let it rain. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D Just kidding,hot ant good but rain is much worse and man have we had it around here,over 4 inches this last weekend and more last night.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good