Author Topic: Rubbertramping On the Road:Westbound  (Read 1382 times)

Offline huntertrapper

Rubbertramping On the Road:Westbound
« on: April 30, 2013, 11:10:47 am »
Hey there guys. Been a good while since I posted here or got on here. I don't get on the computer much and now don't have access to internet a whole lot. I am on the road alone again, finally, besides my dog as my only travel companion. I have been on the road a good bit the past few years but mostly on foot.   Anyway, I will be heading West and passing through Ohio the next few days from Pittsburgh tomorrow. But now I am revamping this post from outside Columbus Ohio. I tried to find the Museum of Art but got turned around a hundred times in the city and said Eff you see kay it and came to this mcdonalds to post this. I slept last night in some bushes beside a denny's and flying j. Wondering if any of you dudes or dudets haha would want to meet up and shoot some bows or work on archery gear. I have my Elm selfbow and bobcat quiver stowed in the wagon and am all set. Also, I am ALWAYS looking for work so if anyone has crappy jobs or stuff to get done I'm your man. The road is great for meeting folks and I am always down to do it. Just get back to me on here or PM me or whatever. Take care guys, heres some photos of the journey so far. I'll post more of my sleeping spot last night and the fog and how thick it was this morning. All my sleeping gear was soaked. First photo is of the car in a shop I used to work at and me and my buddy cleaned her up then most are Altoona photos and the food one is from good ole Weis dumpster. Also, the last one is where I slept two of the 3 nights at my uncles under his outside overhang. Take care!
Modern Day Tramp

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Rubbertramping On the Road:Westbound
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:51:05 am »
I'd set you up for a night or two outside of Bloomington, Indiana, but I'm going to the Classic on Wednesday afternoon.  Heck, you should detour south and make it to Twin Oaks for the Classic, camping is free.  Peeps are already there and will be until next Monday or so.  See you there ;)  dpgratz   
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 11:24:26 pm »
And a hot shower. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 07:30:54 am »
Hunter Trapper is my son and he is a damn good kid.Lives his life the way he wants.I doubt he will ever conform to today,s SOCIETY.He,s a total free spirit.He works for me in my construction business and other people when they need a hand and is a great worker.Reliable and always on time.(great qualities for anybody)Puts a backpack on and disappears at times.Loves the road and all it has to offer-good times hard times but always on his terms.
He,ll never be like a lot of people in this day and age huddled together like sheep in a pasture for their feeling of security.I probably never tell him enough but I love him and am damn proud of him.A good friend of mine from Sitka,Alaska once told me Lloyd, there are seekers and their are followers.I guess we know what Hunter Trapper might be.Be safe lad and call your mom now and then!!have a great day!!

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 10:05:03 am »
hunter trapper-yr always welcome in kansas city. likely find a few days(or weeks or whatever yr looking for) work. places to stay and folks to hang out with and work on bows and arrows, shoot bows etc. give me a holler here if ya decided to head thru. we have our own small primitive skills event the 3rd weekend in may(check out the events page for prairie rattler). long weekend of camping out with a bunch of like minded folk. safe travels
wild women don't get the blues

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:10:43 am »
West of indianopolis now, drove through that city late last night and slept at a rest stop.It was warm enough here that I don't know about heading any further south; there was this weird dude who drove around the parking lot in a prius like ten times and looked at me a few times. I didn't bed down till that fricking guy left. Didn't know if he thought on trying anything. He would pull up beside this other guy who was trying to sleep and then drive back around. Real weird. Exciting road stuff though-always. Thanks for the kind words father. May be a long time till I see you guys again I am higher than the clouds on life at the moment. some flicks, the last one is of this dang dog somewhere in western ohio who came charging at my dog when we were walking towards this town and he kept following us and turned out to be a good dog but kept trying to cross the main road and I finally knocked on the door and no answer. So I yelled stay many times till I finally found his chain at their house and tied him up. He just wanted some company- sorry bud haha First few photos are of me and the dogs fog wake up slumber. Had to dry my stuff at the spot with my car in it. Buck Creek SP was really cool and I stayed there for hours reading and riding my bicycle around collecting cans
Modern Day Tramp

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 10:15:40 am »
well sadie jane I am on route 70 still and plan to be for a few more days atleast so I will be passing through there for sure. PM me or I'll PM you. Thanks guys
Modern Day Tramp

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 12:59:23 pm »
@HunterTrapper - if you make it as far west as Yosemite I got wood to split, a river to fish, a national park to hike and a room for you to sleep in as well as the good ole internet.
Ben

Offline TRACY

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 10:51:29 pm »
Good luck in your ventures HT! Man, I'm 40 minutes south of Indy. I thought you were hitchhiking with your K9. Be safe in your journey! Keep us posted
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 04:09:52 pm »
Well yosemite. Heading to cali in the next few days. Save that work I'm down to do anything! haha. I am in the Springs in Colo now so I'm pretty West. HEading out on foot in the next few days to hop a freight.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 12:00:32 pm »
Some more flicks of colorado springs and one pic of where I awoke in my car to freezing temperatures in Western Kansas at an awesome rest stop.
Modern Day Tramp