Author Topic: I WAS ATTACKED !!!!!!  (Read 12373 times)

Offline ionicmuffin

Re: I WAS ATTACKED !!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2013, 01:11:05 pm »
your absolutely right alb, im not condoning lying, but i am supporting rehabilitation from lying, if no one is supportive then he wont feel there is any reason to change. lying is often a human trait, and as such we should correct it and iron it out of someone rather than beating it out, you don't get the wrinkles out of a pair of pants by beating it, but rather by ironing it. Suppose he makes an attempt to be perfectly honest, but then everybody condemns him, do you think that's helpful? so hes become a branded liar by the community and cant change? Its important not to jump to conclusions, if a story is believable and the person behind it isn't always then you should first analyze if it would make sense that this might have happened. for this instance look at this. 1) he does have fox skins from foxes and posted one in the trade forum 2) he stated in that post that he collects road kill 3) he comes here and makes a post stating that he found one that was dying and dispatched it 4)his pant leg was bitten by the fox(perfectly believable even from a liar although pix would be nice) 5) he even admits that he shouldn't have used the word attack because it seems a bit extreme.

His track record to me seems to be more one of an excited kid who exaggerates some when he posts titles or stories because to him it seemed more exciting. There are the times when hes lied and are not acceptable, but even some of the most hard core liars tell some truth.

Also, to SS make sure to post pics of the event as it happens to build credibility, by vid taping your event you have proof to back you up, but remember, always follow whats legal, and preferably don't show yourself killing the fox because that's a bit more that some would prefer to see.

Life is a learning process, hopefully hes learning and will heed peoples advice.

Also, in no way am i trying to make someone mad or to irritated or frustrate anybody, once again, I'm trying to help both sides of the equation so both can be happy, if everybody is mad at SS and hes frustrated because everybody is mad at him then its just getting worse by the second. Like i said, none of SS's past uncalled for posts are being condoned, just attempting to expose the root of the problem so everybody can be happy and go back to having fun. You might have noticed that hes not posting stuff in the wrong place anymore, he doesn't beg like crazy for things, hes a bit misguided when it comes to knowing what wood is and needs to be careful when he posts trades and such. If i was his age i would have probably made most of the same mistakes, so its part of being 15 and not always knowing what you need to know, but i would have also learned from this community as i already have.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:25:56 pm by ionicmuffin »
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline bubby

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2013, 05:17:19 pm »
being young isn't n excuse, but it's getting lots of play with certain guys on here you learn more by lisenin and asking ? than expounding on exploits no one believes and givig advice on subjects hat most of us KNOW you don't know what your talking about, listen, read, research and LEARN, and when you get some advice don't argue pick the advice you think will be best and try it out
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2013, 06:15:48 pm »
i agree bub. I feel that those who are not well formed should learn from those who are. that said it takes time to go from immature to mature. it doesn't happen over night, its hard to change suborn ways when that's what you've been used to for most of your life. not an excuse, just one reason it may be taking him a bit of time to adjust his maturity to the level we expect.

Offline Dane

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 07:32:19 pm »
Iconic, you are being very charitable. But this kid has deeper issues that just telling a few fibs. He lies, is called out, and embellishes his lies greater lies, all the while knowing those who read his comments know he is telling untruths.

I was taught very young not to lie. Perhaps his parents and peers just don't care, or he has a compulsion to lie online only. But whatever is going on, it is highly disrespectful to this community, and if he is assumed to be a liar even if he is actually telling the truth, that is his big fat problem that he brought on himself.

Probably he has never had to pay a price for his lies, but that day will come sooner or later. And, the PA community's role should not be therapist or rehabilitation. I can't think of a more honorable or honest group of people than primitive archers. That makes his cavalier lies that much worse.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2013, 09:07:55 pm »
Iconic, you are being very charitable. But this kid has deeper issues that just telling a few fibs. He lies, is called out, and embellishes his lies greater lies, all the while knowing those who read his comments know he is telling untruths.

I was taught very young not to lie. Perhaps his parents and peers just don't care, or he has a compulsion to lie online only. But whatever is going on, it is highly disrespectful to this community, and if he is assumed to be a liar even if he is actually telling the truth, that is his big fat problem that he brought on himself.

Probably he has never had to pay a price for his lies, but that day will come sooner or later. And, the PA community's role should not be therapist or rehabilitation. I can't think of a more honorable or honest group of people than primitive archers. That makes his cavalier lies that much worse.

Dane

+1

Jon

Offline Roy

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2013, 09:08:35 pm »
What is really funny is he does this to get a response, and we all know it, and yet ya have all the stoned face Mr. Serious gents on here  that just get a big weggie in their undies when he does it. And then ya have older guys arguing back and forth about what's right and what's wrong about over what squirrleyboy started. SO I just sit back and take it for what it's worth, and I laugh my ass off at the rest of yunzs. Just like he does I'm sure:)

Offline Weylin

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2013, 10:15:17 pm »
What is really funny is he does this to get a response, and we all know it, and yet ya have all the stoned face Mr. Serious gents on here  that just get a big weggie in their undies when he does it. And then ya have older guys arguing back and forth about what's right and what's wrong about over what squirrleyboy started. SO I just sit back and take it for what it's worth, and I laugh my ass off at the rest of yunzs. Just like he does I'm sure:)

I'm pretty much there with ya at this point, Roy. I just hope he doesn't actually convince someone to ship something overseas to him. That's the only thing he does that really irks me, begging people to ship him stuff.

Offline KShip85

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2013, 11:16:45 pm »
SS An immagination is a horrible thing to waist and you clearly have one. When it is used to try and fool the mentality of other good folk it is at it's worst waist. To write a book takes a lot of skill you need to capture elements with in the story like mood, site, smells, weather, sounds and etc. etc. But one of the greatest gifts you lad do have (an immagination). A good place to start would be reading other adventure stories, to get a feel of how other great writers capture the elements to make the reader feel like their there. A good one that comes to mind is My Side of The Mountain. You may side toward a little humor which would make McManus some good reading. What I'm saying is be honest with others and put your immagination to good use. Write the book Lad.

thank's for the info and great advice, i was only joking about acctually writing that book. i could never write a book. i don't even use capital letters and don't even get me started on my spellping. if in the future when i have more adventures and storys to tell and when my grammer has increased then ill think about it. but again thanks for the help. SS

I would beg to differ.  From the looks of nearly every topic you have started, your caps lock is on and your exclamation key gets stuck when ya use it. 

Kip
Kip Shipley    Bloomington, IN

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2013, 11:42:31 pm »
Wow, 3 pages!  Troll wins again! 
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2013, 02:11:17 am »
He just wants attention. Probably dosent get any at home. Just my opinon.
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2013, 02:45:27 am »
Dang it!

I knew I should have read the Juniper Knot Thread instead...

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline dmc

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 03:27:52 am »
Too true Roy. Like I said earlier, it's like a moth drawn to the light. We have to read it. Reminds me of the Pavlov dog experiment with the bell. Sometimes I wonder if this kid might be some 40 year old guy from some high tech hunting forum just killing himself laughing with his buddies having a few beers and laughs at our expense.
No hard feelings Squirrel. I'm actually hoping you'll stick around long enough to post a pic from this bow course,( whether real or imaginary) That you'll be taking. Maybe bring some of that yew, I mean, cherry, Oooops...pine, and see what you can make.
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2013, 04:05:38 am »
Alright, well I've been nice, now I'm going to stay out of conversations like these for a while because I'm exhausted and I want to remain on the side of pleasant with others.

Offline silverfox

• Ohio Subscription #108669
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2013, 05:48:18 pm »
He just wants attention. Probably dosent get any at home. Just my opinon.

I agree with you, I have always thought this was the case. I figure he is a young man that get little or no attention at home, and no male role model in his life.
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2013, 06:27:10 pm »
No doubt in my mind that if SS humbles himself enough he will find plenty of male role models here that are willing to put forth an effort to improve his quality of life.  I wished that more people like those on here would have been around to help guide and shape my future when I was growing up although I was so stubborn and hard headed that I don't know if I could have taken advantage of the situation.
We didn't have an internet in the 50's and 60's  but I was fortunate enough to find people that really cared. I'd say without help I'm one of those who could easily have been lost.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.