Author Topic: looking for some hands on guidence in west michigan  (Read 3131 times)

Offline swiftjustus

looking for some hands on guidence in west michigan
« on: November 09, 2007, 02:26:52 pm »
i'm quite new to the bow building thing, but have always had an intrest in anything primitive. i'm looking for someone who might be willing to take my under there wing and help me get started. i'v been slowly acquiring tools and such. and have read the traditional bowyers bible 1-3 but a little hands on would really help. anyone interested? thanks,
                          jud

p.s.
i live in middleville, mich.

Offline DanaM

Re: looking for some hands on guidence in west michigan
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 07:56:52 pm »
Welcome aboard swift, I'm a Yooper myself ;D I know there are a few trolls ;) that frequent this website perhaps
one of them will chime in. If yer ever up here in da UP drop me a line eh. But in the meantime get yerself some wood and make shavings.
Theres so many talented bowyers on here that will help you. Just ask and you shall recieve answers. Good Luck eh.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline venisonburger

Re: looking for some hands on guidence in west michigan
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 10:19:31 pm »
Yoopers rule!!!!! welcome aboard swiftjustus, I'm not near ya but the info on this site will get you going and also answer your questions along the way, don't be afraid to ask anytime you have questions someone will always have advice.
good luck
VB