Author Topic: Had a fire at my shop  (Read 1298 times)

Offline H Rhodes

Had a fire at my shop
« on: May 01, 2013, 06:47:50 pm »
Well, I won't be going to the Classic after all....  I finished mowing the lawn the other day and parked the riding mower behind my shop under the shed.  I went inside and ate a bite of lunch and looked out to see flames over the top of my little shop.  The old mower had caught fire.  The shed burned off the back, riding mower, push mower, tiller, and garden tools all gone.  The local volunteer fire department responded quickly and saved most of the shop.  I will be rebuilding.  Hate I won't be able to go to Tennessee this time.  I had my heart set on it, but I have to get my shop rebuilt.  God bless the firemen.  They got there quick and saved all my power tools and most of my stuff inside.  The back wall will have to be replaced.  Y'all wish me luck and I will make it next time if the Good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: Had a fire at my shop
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 06:49:26 pm »
Oh dang!  Good luck on the rebuild!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 07:20:00 pm »
now that sucks when life throws you a curve ball(arrow)! Glad you are ok. Hope the rebuild goes quickly.

Offline bow101

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:09:21 pm »
Oh man that just really hurts especially when ya had plans.  :o   If its any consulation hrhodes I guess now you have an excuse to rebuild the shop bigger... ???
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 09:30:25 pm »
Thanks guys.  In fact, the insurance company is doing me right and my shop will be better in the long run.  I was sure looking forward to the classic.  >:(
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:14:52 pm »
Darn, Howard. I hate to hear that. I was really looking forward to meeting you. I guess I'll have to catch up with you when making the trip to visit my son in Gadsden. You can buy me lunch!! ;)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 01:21:02 am »
You got it Kenny!  Stop on by.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 04:31:44 am »
damn thats unfortunate.  :'( did you have any staves in there? bows? hope the re-build plans go well. SS
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 10:25:10 am »
Sorry for your bad luck, hope everything goe's well with the rebuild.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline bubby

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 05:11:06 pm »
tough break, got to take the good with the bad, bad ya miss the classic, good on a improved shop, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹