Author Topic: 87 lb trilam ELB  (Read 6431 times)

Offline Dag

• Warbow Trials
Re: 80 lb trilam ELB
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 03:39:17 pm »
Awesome looking bow there Cam! I am a big fan of those overlays!

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 03:54:25 pm »
Thats a slick bow. The handle is cool as heck.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline adb

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 08:32:18 pm »
Thanks Jon.  I had a feeling someone might ask that, so I took some pics of the process.   ;)

Check this out:

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,39388.0.html

The leather zipper handle... who'd a thunk it! Very nice, and thanks for sharing!!

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 01:06:30 am »
Thanks for the kind words guys.  I went out with Adam (adb) today and finally got to launch a few arrows from this bow.  Despite being a total war bow greenhorn, I managed to sneak an arrow within 2 yards of a 5 gallon pail at 200 yards! I'm pretty sure it was fluke.

I had the bow tillered out on the tree to 80 lbs @ 29", thinking I'd shoot in the last inch.  After we were finished we realized we were shooting 31" arrows rather than 30.  I was drawing to the back of the bodkins, so I'm guessing it was pulling around 85-87lbs @ 31.

I had a blast though, and am sure there will be many more warbow shoots in the future!  Gotta go heavier now!

We tried to get a full draw pic a few times, unsuccessfully, so l'll have to settle for posting a screen capture from some of the video Adam took.

When I have some time I'll try to edit some of the video and throw it up on Youtube if anyone is interested.  He was shooting a couple different bows, one of them being a 90 lb maple backed yew that he finished recently.

Offline dmc

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 03:14:06 am »
Real nice Cam, can't wait to see it in S'toon. What were the arrows made out of? What was the weight of the Bodkins?
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 03:54:30 am »
Nice pic,
Yeah, a full draw shot on a digital camera is pretty much impossible (presses button)
a screen capture from video is much (camera finally takes shot) better for getting that right moment.
If you take the video with the camera held 'portrait' rather than 'landscape' you can get more archer in the frame and maximiase the lower resolution of the video.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline bubby

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 06:16:25 am »
nice bend cam, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹