Author Topic: Looking for white turkey secondary feathers  (Read 2485 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Looking for white turkey secondary feathers
« on: April 26, 2013, 09:56:02 pm »
Anyone have white turkey secondardy feathers?  I have quite a few primary turkey feathers, I'd trade or I can come up with something else.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline TRACY

Re: Looking for white turkey secondary feathers
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:52:43 pm »
I might have a few left wing primaries ready to chop Dave. You could always send Osage Outlaw on a drive by a turkey farm and see if he can create some road kill so you can have some feathers >:D. Let me know and I'll bring them next weekend and give them to you.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 10:53:45 pm »
He'll have to bet the dog to it
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 11:06:09 pm »
I might have some white turkey. It depends on whether I can find them or not.
What do you want them for?
How many?
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 12:39:36 am »
Tracy and Ozzy, Clint just need to carry a steak with him on his drive by to the turkey farm.  That would keep the dog busy while he grabs the turkey.

Squirrelslinger, I'm wanting to use the turkey feathers for Cherokee style 2-fletched arrows. Six secondary feathers would surfice right now.  But, I'd readily take more.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 11:34:29 am »
I do know where a turkey farm is  ::)  Never been there before.  Dave, let me know if you can't find any.  Maybe I can stop and see about getting some for you. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 08:26:16 pm »
HEY!!! I do the same. Chicken feathers work too, but they aren't as durable. You want the feathers cut? the feathers I get are usually with bent/damaged tips so I cut them shorter...
I can send you 6 or so. Let me go find them.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 12:42:36 am »
The history of needing white turkey wing feathers.  Clint, posted arrows he'd made on the Classic thread.  They had orange fletchings. Pappy commented about them being TN Vol colors.  I commented on bring some arrows with blue and white fletching, UK colors.  So, I was hoping to be able to make some Cherokee 2-fletched, blue and white feathers to take to the Classic.  Since it seems unlikely, I went ahead and dyed the fletchings blue and will use white thread to wrap them.

I would still like to do the blue and white theme, though.  So, if anyone comes up with white turkey feathers, let me know.  But, they need to be secondary feathers or tail feathers.  I can't use primary feathers for a 2-fletch style.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 01:20:41 pm »
The history of needing white turkey wing feathers.  Clint, posted arrows he'd made on the Classic thread.  They had orange fletchings. Pappy commented about them being TN Vol colors.  I commented on bring some arrows with blue and white fletching, UK colors.  So, I was hoping to be able to make some Cherokee 2-fletched, blue and white feathers to take to the Classic.  Since it seems unlikely, I went ahead and dyed the fletchings blue and will use white thread to wrap them.

I would still like to do the blue and white theme, though.  So, if anyone comes up with white turkey feathers, let me know.  But, they need to be secondary feathers or tail feathers.  I can't use primary feathers for a 2-fletch style.
I have like 2 feathers left. If you want them, let me know. They are NOT primaries.
almost equel on both sides of the quill.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 06:35:33 pm »
Dave, those were not my arrows.  I've never dyed any orange. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 12:08:38 am »
I'm sorry, Clint.  I thought you posted them.  But, in doing more research it was Gun Doc and Iowa bow
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 12:10:39 am »
Squirrelslinger, I would love them.  I'll send you a PM.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 11:50:56 pm »
I got an ibis that walks around my yard after it rains.  It has some nice white Turkey feathers  >:D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!