Author Topic: Kids bows at Moses Lake shoot  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Granite Mtn

Kids bows at Moses Lake shoot
« on: April 27, 2013, 01:23:48 pm »
I posted a pic of the 8 bows I made for Moses Lake shoot a while back.  The bows were in the finishing rack.  Here are some more pics all the bows went home with a kid along with arrows and a glove and arm guard it was cool to give those bows away!  Just seeing the fun the kids had was worth it!

Offline Granite Mtn

Re: Kids bows at Moses Lake shoot
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 01:29:34 pm »
Kids

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 01:32:25 pm »
Nice job for those happy campers!! ;)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Granite Mtn

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 01:39:02 pm »
In the pic with the steel deer everyone is shooting a bow made by myself except the kid 2nd from the left he is my oldest son Hunter he is 10.  One of my friends boys needed a bow and the bow I made for him was perfect he let the other boy have the bow and shot the shoot with a 52 lb flat bow made by Jim Remph from Montana.  I could not have been more proud!

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 01:49:21 pm »
It was cool seeing you walking around with your little army of archers.
It was a fun shoot for sure.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline half eye

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 02:02:51 pm »
You sir, are what primitive archery should be about, absolutely outsatanding. Good on ya, and I guess it's allready rubbed of on your son, he's more growed up than half the grown-up's I know. One old guys opinion aint worth spit but I'm damned proud of him too.
rich

Tell him Aanii for me and Migwech for his generosity. If ya are ever in Northern Michigan ya are welcome to hunt with me anytime, or rip the lips of some of them Pike-fish.

Offline Granite Mtn

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 02:21:40 pm »
Hey Bryce it was great meeting you guys I am taking just the Family to Western States are you going? I am working on an absolutely sick Osage target bow that will just walk away with that shoot!  We are not bringing the tipi because I figure it will cost an xtra 70 bucks to pull the trailer that far and the weather should be better than Moses lake!  Hey what was your friends name with the staves?  Thanks for the kind words half eye I miss those pike on a fly rod days a lot now!  I used to live in Superior Wi still have kin in Green Bay you can never tell we might show up at your door the world seems smaller the older I get!

Offline JonW

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 02:25:13 pm »
Those are the coolest pics I've seen in awhile. Thanks for doing a projecct like that.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 02:27:50 pm »
Kids with bows.
Pike on flyrods.
Camping in teepees.

*singing* These are a few of my favorite things!

I bet those kids didn't take you for granite.  Thanks for inspiring a new generation, buddy.  Ya done good.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 04:06:30 pm »
Nicely done Granite, putting a bow in the hands of a kid is as pure as life gets. Those youngsters look too happy. ;D
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 04:16:00 pm »
Hey Chris, it is Carson (the guy with the staves ;)), it was great meeting you and checking out some of your bows.  That was a pretty impressive group of arrow slingers you were leading around that place.  Your son has some lucky friends!  I might just have to make it to that western states shoot just to see this osage target bow you are talking about.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 04:23:08 pm »
Yeah his name is Carson ^ lol when and where is the western states shoot? I'll make it if I can. Not gonna make the stick and sage.
This target bow, snake bow?
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Granite Mtn

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 04:37:41 pm »
Pack wood Wa Memorial Day weekend.   Not snakey just trying to make the smoothest most accurate bow I can for my draw length it is turning out great!  Great meeting you guys hope you make it to pack wood !

Offline bushboy

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 05:14:56 pm »
Nice work G/M ! All those smiling eyes look good on you!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 05:24:18 pm »
good on you, if im reading this right your 10yr old can pull a 52# bow? thats pretty impresive. im 16 and only mannaged to pull a 50# ELB back about 3 times before i got tiered. Remind me to never pick a fight with him. but iv'e only been doing archery seriously for about 2 years now. SS
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee