Author Topic: Making Limbs?  (Read 2830 times)

Offline adb

Re: Making Limbs?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 04:11:13 pm »
So... because of that, all board bows are unpredictable? Like I already said in a different post... rubbish. One bow does not an expert make.

If the bow shattered after 'a few thousand shots' there WAS a reason for it, and it's not likely because it was made from a board.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 04:16:12 pm by adb »

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 04:19:42 pm »
So... because of that, all board bows are unpredictable? Like I already said in a different post... rubbish. One bow does not an expert make.

If the bow shattered after 'a few thousand shots' there WAS a reason for it, and it's not likely because it was made from a board.

You're right one bow isn't enough. But I'm just more of a self bow guy I like to cut my own wood and make bows from it that's just my preference
I like osage

Offline adb

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 04:21:53 pm »
There yah go! Now that's a reasonable statement I can agree with!

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 04:58:11 pm »
I thought all these arguments started by squirrels posts were over, but all I see is them becoming more and more frequent. Saddening really.  :(

No matter what question you ask Squirrel we keep giving you the same advice. But for some reason you refuse to take it. Like ADB said, there are no shortcuts, you have to use what you got, even it it not exactly what you want. Getting a better bow wood will not help you to make a better bow. You had hickory, one of the best and most durable IMO, and you broke it. Completely understandable since your a beginner, but it still happened. The only way to stop this is through practice. and more practice. I did it and I'm not much older than you. But I listened o advice given to me and It helped an incredible amount. Here are some bows that I made based on others advice, and most are still shooting, or if not, they survived thousands upon thousands of shots. If I can do it so can you.

Jon

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 05:15:35 pm »
nice Bows bud ! you are absolutely right you only get out what you put into it . and nobody can make it happen except you .

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 05:46:17 pm »
ok leson learned, the model of the risor is a martin cougar 2000. my recurve limbs will fit onto it but it looks really wierd. it's a project ill take up in the future when i have more experience. nice bows by the way :) SS
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee