Author Topic: Processed Sinew  (Read 2059 times)

Offline sharptailhunter

Processed Sinew
« on: April 13, 2013, 03:35:06 am »
Up for trade:   I have several Ounces of processed whitetail deer leg sinew. I only use rear legs. Each piece of sinew has been processed to the thinnest possible width. Each strand has been individually measured and each piece has been cleaned. When each piece is straightened for measurement they are tested for strength, any piece that broke when pulled was discarded. There will be no extra work required from the person once they receive this sinew. Although I can't claim 100% perfection for each strand. The strands in the bundle are between 7 and 12 1/2 inches long.  And I have four ounces of sinew that each strand is no less than nine inches.  Also the sinew that is between 7 and 13 or so is pretty balanced.  Meaning it is not mostly seven inches and just a few pieces are 11 inches or above.  I also have individual pieces if you don't need two ounces.  I will trade half ounces on up also.  Generally it takes two ounces to back a bow.  If you are wondering.  If you have processed sinew then you know how much work is required.  I will be so bold to say that my sinew is nicest sinew out there.  If you disagree I will pay for you to ship it back to me.

I am in need most of flint, chert, obsidian.  I also need leather, antler, necklace making stuff or things you may have made.  also steel for " flint and steel" Message me please with any questions or if you are interested and would like to see photos.  Thank you.

Note:  I am unable to load pictures here with my I pad.  So please just ask and I will be happy to email you pictures.  Sorry for the incovience.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:27:58 am by sharptailhunter »

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Processed Sinew
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:43:08 am »
Its gotta be hard to let it go after all that work. Boy o boy you went the extra mile on it to.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 01:54:51 pm »
Up for trade:   I have several Ounces of processed whitetail deer leg sinew. I only use rear legs. Each piece of sinew has been processed to the thinnest possible width. Each strand has been individually measured and each piece has been cleaned. When each piece is straightened for measurement they are tested for strength, any piece that broke when pulled was discarded. There will be no extra work required from the person once they receive this sinew. Although I can't claim 100% perfection for each strand. The strands in the bundle are between 7 and 12 1/2 inches long.  And I have four ounces of sinew that each strand is no less than nine inches.  Also the sinew that is between 7 and 13 or so is pretty balanced.  Meaning it is not mostly seven inches and just a few pieces are 11 inches or above.  I also have individual pieces if you don't need two ounces.  I will trade half ounces on up also.  Generally it takes two ounces to back a bow.  If you are wondering.  If you have processed sinew then you know how much work is required.  I will be so bold to say that my sinew is nicest sinew out there.  If you disagree I will pay for you to ship it back to me.

I am in need most of flint, chert, obsidian.  I also need leather, antler, necklace making stuff or things you may have made.  also steel for " flint and steel" Message me please with any questions or if you are interested and would like to see photos.  Thank you.

Note:  I am unable to load pictures here with my I pad.  So please just ask and I will be happy to email you pictures.  Sorry for the incovience.
Ive got an old file, some flint(possible... I don;t like to trade good flint) some mild steel, I also make knives and stuff, mostly neck knives. I can make things from mild steel, you name it.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 10:27:27 pm »
Ill take enough to back a 66" longbow with 3 layers.  I have a 60" long yew branch. Would that work?  $$
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:20:27 pm »
i'm a blacksmith and I can forge you a steel if you want, I forge them from high carbon spring steel, I usualy use agate instead of flint it seems to give off a hotter spark I can usually get a fire going with 3 strikes or less, I've found that really hard flint or chert (not heat treated) seems to spark really well but the spark isn't as hot as agate.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline JonW

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 10:41:34 am »
Sent you a PM.

Offline sharptailhunter

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 03:57:10 am »
Pm's Sent:-)

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 06:06:36 pm »
  I received an ounce of beautifully processed sinew from Sharptail hunter today.
  Thanks Jeremy...
                             Donald
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;