Author Topic: Natural vs Unnatural  (Read 3747 times)

Offline bow101

Re: Natural vs Unnatural
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 06:52:47 pm »
 :D
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 10:45:10 pm »
They got a book on his story to, bought it read it was pretty good story. Watched the film on PBS as well good stuff. another good story fictional of course is My Side of the Mountain don't remember who wrote it read it about 33 years ago in 5TH grade still remember the story quite well. Rates right there with the book Shane if any of you read it.

Jean Craighead wrote "My Side of the Mountain" and a number of sequels.  She and her brothers are amazing ornithologists, their research has broke a lot of ground and revealed much of the private lives of birds of prey. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 03:15:41 am »
They got a book on his story to, bought it read it was pretty good story. Watched the film on PBS as well good stuff. another good story fictional of course is My Side of the Mountain don't remember who wrote it read it about 33 years ago in 5TH grade still remember the story quite well. Rates right there with the book Shane if any of you read it.

Jean Craighead wrote "My Side of the Mountain" and a number of sequels.  She and her brothers are amazing ornithologists, their research has broke a lot of ground and revealed much of the private lives of birds of prey.
+1
I am a fan of at least attempting to live in harmony with the environment.
I amsolutely HATE some modern "technologies"- Factory farms, Food Processing, etc.
I refuse to eat certian foods that I do not know where they are from.
I have attempted to live off the land and am not sure if its possible if you work, etc. unless you trap.
I pretty much just bought a fishing license and caught fish, and also gathered wild plants. Some of them plants are BITTER!!! Compared to spinach.  Haven't tried squirrel or rabbit yet. What do they taste like?
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"