Author Topic: Met a new friend!  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
Met a new friend!
« on: April 17, 2013, 12:15:20 am »
It's been a looooong time since I've posted anything on any of the PA boards but I HAD to to take some time to do it tonight.
My son and I are left last Thursday from Sugarland TX and headed out as far as Los Alamos NM raising support for our families next journey into Scotland as missionaries. So it dawned on me that we had several meetings on the way back home in non other than Midland TX, home of our well known, and YouTube star Jackcrafty. I PMed Patrick a few days ago to see if we could meet up (my son Caedmon loves to watch his knapping videos so he was wanting to meet "that guy" too).
Well between meetings here we were able to drop by and I got to see where all his magic happens.
I know many of you know this but you'll search long and hard to find a more genuine, down to earth, and giving person.
We really enjoyed the short time we got to visit. And hope to be able to do it again sometime when we have more of it(time that is).

I'm posting a picture of Caedmon admiring some of his work and another of a little point I made with some of the heat treated stuff he gave us (I didn't bring all my tools with me and I did this one inside the hotel room, so I need to make sure I get the little pieces picked up off the floor).

Thanks again Patrick!
Mark

P.S. I couldn't get all the cortex off one side and the notches are a bit off.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:23:49 am by Mark Anderson »
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: Met a new friend!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 12:20:01 am »
You are welcome any time, Mark!  It was a pleasure.  Sorry about the fighting pets... :-\

Great looking point!  Couldn't wait to try some of the heat treated stuff, eh?   ;D   ;D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 12:25:04 am »
No I couldn't but I did have to wrestle a six year old for this piece!
I'll post some of his real work sometime!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:45:32 am by Mark Anderson »
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 12:35:45 am »
Cool!
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 09:30:02 am »
Nice work Mark.  Patrick's generosity is what got me started.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline maddog314

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 11:42:40 am »
that is awesome! I need to make a trip to tx sometime!