Author Topic: Coffee on you camp trips(updated from the Classic)  (Read 9182 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
Re: Coffee on you camp trips
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 04:11:44 pm »
You best be glad your mouth is sore, cause it is about to get a lot more sooorrrreeeerrrrrrrr.....lol.  Matt, I think you are on to something.  I bet if I set up a stand where I was last year, I could get ride of a lot of coffee the first thing in the morning, don't you think?  And for anyone at the classic, it would be my pleasure to make a pot of coffee and share a cup with you, all you have to do is ask.

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 04:44:51 pm »
usually with a french press, you need a coarse grind so that it doesn't just go right through the screen. A manual grinder is the best for this since the burr can be easily adjusted.
45# at 27"

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 06:18:36 pm »
I am looking for a manual grinder as I go places.  I did get a burr grinder for now, and will grind my measurements out as I decide how much I want to use to get the taste I want.  Lots of trial and error to get the best taste, but in the long run, well worth it.  And I can take my pre-measured coffee amounts where ever I go, and just boil some water and be done with it.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 06:40:27 pm »
Why is it, that ANY coffee no matter how You make it either by the fire or on a Coleman stove is the BEST in the world ? When the tent is pitched and the Dining fly is up, I generally make a pot - UUUUUMMMMM ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Dalton Knapper

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 07:13:06 pm »
Here you go - old fashioned coffee grinders from $24 up.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hand+crank+coffee+grinder

Offline Roy

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 08:56:07 pm »
So what your saying Charlie is ya wanna grind it by hand? :) Go for it, it's yours:)

Offline cracker

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 09:45:53 pm »
Hey Charlie I didn't even put up a stand and it was no problem to get rid of a couple of pots each day. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 10:33:26 pm »
LOL....Roy you are  a trip.  If it comes down to it, I can use a rock and hammer, either way, I am going to have me some coffee....lol

Offline kleinpm

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 02:27:26 pm »
I am a hardcore caffeine addict.

I don't bother with coffee when hunting. I bring caffeine pills. Take two when I wake up and away I go.

Patrick

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2013, 11:03:33 pm »
I made coffee this morning and substituted Red Bull for the water. 

I hear colors and smell sounds now!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 11:05:52 pm »
JW, now that's funny!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Woodbender

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2013, 12:47:40 am »
My buddy brought some Starbucks Via sinlgle serving instant micro-ground coffee on an elk hunt. Was shocked at how good it was for instant coffee. Very minimal space in the pack. I use a French press at work and standard ground coffee works fine. The Melita filter funnels work nicely too.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2013, 01:19:44 am »
Nuthin fancy here.  Mr. coffee at the house.  A blue tin camp pot.  Folgers regular grind.  Oh and I have become addicted to hazelnut creamer....  that stuff is worse than crack.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2013, 11:20:45 am »
My old charred black rendesvousing enameld coffee pot and a little white gas burner will be running at my camp site every morning.Folgers is the ground of choice.Basically camp fire coffee.Like to get up with the birds and watch everything come to life around me.Maybe a little deer sausage for breakfest with it.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2013, 01:16:22 pm »
I will second the starbuck instant coffee. When i go backpacking that is all i bring. Perfect for traveling real light