Author Topic: New bowyers can make some real screamers / 44" rocket launcher by Don Carter  (Read 5548 times)

Offline Takintazipa

very nice bow!

Offline JW_Halverson

"What?  THAT little kid's bow?  Haw Haw!"  Get used to hearing that from the ignorant masses!  Bring along an old fridge door and stuff a few reject arrows thru it.  Then ask if they wanna balance an apple on their head for you!!!

Those tight little bows are amazing performers, ain't they?  And this one has nothing to hide and no reason to hide, either!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Almostpighunter

hehe Awesome! Little thunder!

Offline half eye

Thanks for the compliments fellas, hope this is just the first in a long line of screamin bows from Don.

JW: ya crack me up, could not have said it better. Dont know how  come it is that "bigger is better"....these bows aint for everybody, but damned if they cant be made to shoot hard.
rich

Offline burchett.donald

You guys got me wanting to make a bendy really bad. Got a piece of sage and holding it for my next project, a bendy... Don't think I'm brave enough to attempt 44" was thinking maybe 60".  Nice one Don, thanks for posting Rich.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:33:45 am by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline JW_Halverson

I wonder how many of these Little Thunder bows people are throwing away from scraps tossed out when people reduce their staves to bow dimension?

Offline Don

JW. That is about what that stave was.
It was a bad stave and that was about all I could salvage out of it.
So I thought what the hejj. I hate to through anything away.

burchett. I made a 60" also. Maybe I'll post it later. For now it's to the timber to do some stump shooting.

Offline JW_Halverson

It ain't about how much wood is in the bow, it's about how much bow is in the wood.  You found all of it!

Offline coaster500

Sweet little rocket launcher there Rich!!!

You're gettin quite a collection :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Josh B

That is what it's all about right there.  That little bow is the epitome of efficiency.  Nicely done sir!  Rich...how in the world do you choose a bow to hunt with?  If I had your collection of bows, I would likely miss hunting season before I got a bow picked out to hunt with!  I reckon there are worse dilemmas to be had though.  Josh

Offline DuBois

Pretty little thner bow there!
Good to see us new guys get it right sometimes ;)

Offline half eye

This is why I posted the bow DuBois, yall get it right more than you think, and I really do wish ya could have seen my early stuff (wasn't worth a crap)

Doc, I make up "sets" and they get layed out ......then I take a different set @ day, then just go down the line. I aint "undergunned" with any of 'em. It's good to have the problem, like ya said

Yes Coaster I do, and I LIKE IT, TO ::)

Damn I do admire yer sense of humor there JW, "little thunder" might just be a great name for her.
rich

Offline JW_Halverson

hehe Awesome! Little thunder!

Rich, I stole that name from APH!  Just like I'd steal that bow from you if you turned your back for a moment. (It'd be easy enough to hide under a coat!)  I ain't above that!

Offline half eye

Good luck with that JW......does them old fashioned mitten strings bring anything to mind, well the last couple of days been makin me some, hide right up under them shirt sleeves :P
rich

Offline JW_Halverson

Mental picture of you hiding behind a tree with a long, nearly invisible string tied to this bow.  I am leaping and diving to grab it as it keeps zipping out from under my grasp!  The dialog bubble above me is filled with those symbols that reside above the number keys on the keyboard.