Author Topic: NEED BLACKSMITH SUPPLIES  (Read 1351 times)

Offline venisonburger

NEED BLACKSMITH SUPPLIES
« on: April 10, 2013, 02:56:07 pm »
Anyone goin to the Classic in 3 wks that has a blacksmiths hammer and a set of tongs? I'm trying to get started and need a few things.
Don't have much to trade but maybe we can work something out.

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

Re: NEED BLACKSMITH SUPPLIES
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 08:59:25 am »
If you can't find anyone,  get yourself a ball peen hammer, a big ol' sledge head and some concrete.  you can get by with these while waiting for a screaming deal on equipment you can't make (a very short list).
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 12:15:44 pm »
Mark their maybe a black smith at the Classic that can help you out,last year we had 2.Haven't heard but at least one should be there. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 01:00:48 pm »
i'm not gonna be at the classic but if you want I would be more than happy to make you a trade for a pair or 2 of tongs, I can forge about any kind you want.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 01:44:07 pm »
i'm not gonna be at the classic but if you want I would be more than happy to make you a trade for a pair or 2 of tongs, I can forge about any kind you want.
I would not mind a pair, but I have a hammer already(a 5 pound smithy hammer).
How to forge tongs? Could I make some from re-bar?
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 04:06:37 pm »
I have made tongs from rebar and it works just fine, go on youtube and search "how to make blacksmith tongs" and you'll find all the info you need and then some
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"