Author Topic: Desperate for a good, simple, endless loop string tutorial  (Read 2035 times)

Offline zinger

Desperate for a good, simple, endless loop string tutorial
« on: April 07, 2013, 01:24:52 am »
I am trying to find a good video, pdf, etc. on how to make an endless loop string. I have been on youtube were there a couple of fair videos but I always find this one problem - they never mention what you are to do with the tie-offs at each end. Odd, but they always leave that out. Another thing I'd like find is a simple alternative way to wrap the string as opposed to the dacron B-50 and the whirling gadget. Don't know if I'm asking to much.

Offline zinger

Re: Desperate for a good, simple, endless loop string tutorial
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:33:47 am »
I also want to mention that I'm not looking for one that involves a complicated jig. I prefer to just do just the 2 nails and a board method.

Offline kid bow

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:45:11 am »
It's in the traditional bowyer bible series book two I beleive very good pictures and detailed instructions
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline webrx

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 11:17:10 am »
search youtube for backyard bowyer continuous loop video.

This is how I learned to do it.

Dave
Experience - that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

Offline zinger

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 12:33:01 pm »
Dave - I did watch the BYB video. It is excellent in all respects accept one - it doesn't show you what to do with the short tie-offs at each end of the string (the little 4-5 in ties to the extra nail at each end). He just does the serving for the loops at the middle of the string and then he slides them to the ends and - walla - the tie-offs just dissapeared while he was doing the loop serving, no need to think about them, I guess they just take care of themselves.

If anyone can please tell me how these are worked back in I would greatly appreciate it.

Offline Jmilbrandt

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 02:42:07 pm »
I guess I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Are you wondering how to secure the end of the serving string after you have served the loops and nocking point?
SW Utah