Author Topic: New show on history "chasing tail"  (Read 5411 times)

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
New show on history "chasing tail"
« on: April 02, 2013, 12:40:03 am »
It has not premiered yet, the premise is whitetail hunters thinning the herds in conneticut suburbs. If it is anything like "swamp people" and bowhunters are misrepresented then the bowhunting community will suffer a collective hit. But they do say any publicity is good publicity.
-Billy
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: New show on history "chasing tail"
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 12:46:01 am »
Hopefully they will all be shooting compounds.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:38:19 pm »
I see that starting badly, and ending worse.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline dmc

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 03:45:50 pm »
Hopefully they will all be shooting compounds.  ;)
Good one Pat! Hopefully the "anti's" don't beat this one to death.
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 05:03:32 pm »
Sounds like a good April Fools tale to me.  ;D
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 01:50:34 pm »
The name alone is silly. Ive seen that sticker on plenty of truck windows, right next to the Bone Collector sticker. Chasin tail and bone, sounds just like what I do each fall..............wrong........RESPECT is what its all about for me. I respect the game, the law and the people that dont hunt. I dont parade deer around in my truck woth the tailgate down, they deserve more. I dont hang dead deer in a tree next to the road either.

Sorry for the rant. I just get tired of cheezy, stupid, disrespectful outdoor shows that keep coming. Hope they all go bankrupt sooner than later.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline kinslayer1965

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 05:46:16 pm »
The name alone is silly. Ive seen that sticker on plenty of truck windows, right next to the Bone Collector sticker. Chasin tail and bone, sounds just like what I do each fall..............wrong........RESPECT is what its all about for me. I respect the game, the law and the people that dont hunt. I dont parade deer around in my truck woth the tailgate down, they deserve more. I dont hang dead deer in a tree next to the road either.

Sorry for the rant. I just get tired of cheezy, stupid, disrespectful outdoor shows that keep coming. Hope they all go bankrupt sooner than later.

+1

CR
"a man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep"

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 09:09:31 pm »
Here's hoping (probably pointlessly) that they will treat this subject with some respect for the game, the traditions of hunting, and with a good conservation message. 

If not, may their buttholes grow shut and their foreheads erupt with a new one!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sleek

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 03:25:40 am »
Last thing any hunting show needs to do is spread bad publicity. Regardless to the method of taking, we are always faced with evil looks from folks who dont understand us. I hope the show does justification to the sport, and shows the need for it as well. I recall watching a show, seeing a bear get treed, shot, fall, run off, and  while the guides were high fiving eachother and congratulating the first time female shooter, they ran the tape all the while the bear was death moaning. She was in tears listening to the bear die and they played it on TV. I hope these guys dont do that.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 09:15:44 am »
What Pearl said. +1.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 10:12:59 am »
It does'nt look good, in one of the trailers it looks like they kill a deer or drag it through a suburban back yard.
Let's hope this thing is not as bad as it appears.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 10:20:08 am »
It will be bad Kevin. Drama makes this instant gratification country we live in go round buddy.....it will suck and cause more damage than good.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 10:59:12 am »
I thought it had to be an April fools joke when I first heard about it but it is for real, wheel bows at least but it will end up giving us all a black eye.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 12:05:36 pm »
I'm on board with Pearly, but I'll try to give the show the benefit of the doubt.  Hopefully the drama hook that those shows need will be between the ignorance of the population and respectful harvesting.  That's high hopes, I know.
Hopefully they can provide footage examples of sickness, starvation, and flat waste.  God forbid they should show people being fed and the animal being utilized.

I lived in the Northeast for a some years growing up.  Never saw so many dead deer everywhere just rotting on the side of the road.  It was commonplace back in the early/mid 90's.  When I moved there at 15 I was completely disgusted and saddened by it, so common.  After a year or two it becomes like seeing a squished squirrel.

Shameful...wasteful.
1’—>1’

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 10:44:27 am »
I agree Parnell, it would be a step in the right direction to see them donating the meat to a local soup kitchen or something like that. and yeah there are a lot of deer wasted on the road but I do notice every once in a while people who are having a hard time making ends meet, picking up the fresh ones.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin