Author Topic: Easter archery and a ”Hjarnø” leverbow (pic heavy)  (Read 7065 times)

BobbyO

Re: Easter archery and a ”Hjarnø” leverbow (pic heavy)
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 04:13:34 pm »
Congrats on completing the Hjarno leverbow. I would really appreciate it if you would share the dimensions. Did you make it from a wych elm stave or a sapling? How did this leverbow compare with the pyramid also shown in this post? Again, a real nice pair of bows.

Offline Holten101

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 07:09:02 am »
Congrats on completing the Hjarno leverbow. I would really appreciate it if you would share the dimensions. Did you make it from a wych elm stave or a sapling? How did this leverbow compare with the pyramid also shown in this post? Again, a real nice pair of bows.

That is my biggest problem....I cant really get the 15 hours+ lever design to outperform my 5 hour pyramid. This "Hjarnø" bow shoots sweetly tho...very low stack and no hand shock. It was made from a stave to get it as wide as the original (5-6 cm at the widest). Total length is 66" and lever to working limb ratio is about 1/3 as on the original. I want it so badly to outperform simpler designs and I'll keep at it (If Blackhawk can, then I can learn;-).

One thing is for sure...while leverbows look simple, they a leap in complexity to excecute compared to "simple" flatbows. My impression is that the levers and tiller have to be JUST right for it to gain just a little advantage over pyramids.....but they are fun to make, and pleasing to the eye;-)

Sorry I dont have more detailed dimensions atm.

Cheers

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 08:56:31 am »
Good looking bow and loved the puictures,thanks for sharing. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good