Author Topic: knapping instruction in SW Pennsylvania  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Orangeman89

knapping instruction in SW Pennsylvania
« on: April 04, 2013, 12:42:09 pm »
Hi All,
I was wondering if there are any flintknappers in the south western part of PA or the Morgantown, WV area that would be willing to help me get started.  I have all my own equipment, my own chert, my own local sources, etc..   I have been breaking lots of rocks (when not working on bows) and watching lots of you tube, but need somebody that can offer some hands on advise and instruction.  Thanks.
Mark

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: knapping instruction in SW Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 09:53:38 am »
orangeman, I live in the nw corner(Erie) kinda long drive sorry. I can't think of any knappers close by but sure someone will come by. There is a knapin in june at BaldEagle close to State College, and of course there is a really big knapin Labor Day weekend at Flint Ridge, Ohio.  Sorry not much help. Later Bob

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 01:56:25 pm »
Orangeman how far are you from Bedford County PA.
Rob

Offline Orangeman89

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 04:47:26 pm »
Rob,
I am a little less than 2 hours from Everett.  I used to drive out that way for work and to fish Yellow Creek.  I don't consider that too far to learn something of value.  I will drive to State College just for the day to fish and then drive back and that is 3 hours each way.  Thanks.
Mark

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 08:21:10 pm »
Give me a call anytime there's a trout stream that runs through the farm also so bring your fishing rod sent you my phone number.
Rob