Author Topic: String wax?  (Read 2663 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: String wax?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 10:33:04 am »
I use it too. Straight up over Dacron B 50. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 01:55:33 pm »
I got it in a Zip Lock bag in an oblong square sort of shape.  It had been filtered through a screen once.  Seemed completely clean to me.  It feels harder than what I got from 3 rivers. 

Anyway I melted it into two large condiment containers.  I think I'll never need wax again.  But I think I could have a source for it.  This batch was free but If i started pestering her for more on a regular basis I'm sure she'd wan't $.  I know she said then can sell it to several companies that buy wax for making stuff.  BUT they want it strained already.... So if we don't need it strained then possibly it's an opportunity.

Offline bubby

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 02:55:14 pm »
used to get the filtered bees wax from a friend, but I gave a bow to a buddy at work that has bees, not only do I get free honey but he's gonna hook me up with some unrefined wax when he starts harvest
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 06:36:29 pm »
One pound of beeswax mixed(melted) with one toilet bowl ring= perfect string wax and a lifetime supply at that.
How much is 2-4 ounces?
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Roy

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 07:41:00 pm »
4 ounces equals .12 liters.