Author Topic: Funny bow story  (Read 3207 times)

Offline dmc

Re: Funny bow story
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 03:45:36 pm »
I like the combo for the handle. Very nice.
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 06:55:23 pm »
Carp that is one NICE knife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE IT
Anyway, I used a combo of concrete block and concrete blocks. It is the same block, just one side is kept dry and the other wetted with some oil. It creates a nice finish. I can make a bigger one.
These are made primarily for looks(slate is not known for hardness/durability:o)
But I would be more than happy to trade for a knife...
Issue. Do you want a haft or just the stone axehead? I will send a haft cause I feel like I am cheating you if I do not.
Plus, I found a better way to make a sharp edge.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline sleek

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 08:29:06 pm »
Sounds good to me kid. Get busy.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline seabass

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 09:05:15 pm »
hey squirrel,i think alot of guys are getting you confused with squirrelslayer.he tells some tall tales and guys were getting fed up with him.so if you get some post that are sarcastic,that is the reason why.some of the guys haven't figured out that you are a different person yet.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 09:29:31 pm »
Hey Steve, a lot of people know that this is a different kid.  Basically the american version of the other squirrelly kid.  He throws out advice and tips like he is a seasoned pro.  He was giving osage bow design advice out to someone and in one of his older posts he says that the only osage he has ever seen was a rotten piece of fire wood. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 10:46:20 pm »
He'll smarten up.  We knew it all when we were his age, too :)
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline Marks

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 01:23:12 pm »
hey squirrel,i think alot of guys are getting you confused with squirrelslayer.he tells some tall tales and guys were getting fed up with him.so if you get some post that are sarcastic,that is the reason why.some of the guys haven't figured out that you are a different person yet.

HAHA! That has been bugging me for days!! I heard someone they other day saying he was wise beyond his years and I was thinking....I know they are saying that to that crazy kid who wont listen to anyones advice. Thank you for clearing this up for me. The gears in my head have been grinding like crazy trying to figure that one out.

Squirrelslinger, I haven't made any of the mean comments seasbass is talking about but sorry for mistaking you for him.
I almost hit my Granny with a piece of broken bow the other day. Since I missed we laughed but a few inches and it wouldn't have been funny. I feel its important to be able to laugh at your mistakes. I try not to take hobbies to serious. Just don't hurt yourself.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:37:56 pm by Marks »

Offline TRACY

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 09:58:34 am »
I saw that the handle " squirrelchaser " is still available and was thinking of a name change >:D
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline sleek

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 02:43:27 pm »
HAHA, dont you reckon we have enough squirrley people runnin round?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others