Author Topic: Firearm ammunition question  (Read 14553 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Firearm ammunition question
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2013, 12:48:16 am »
Manny from Hawaii was killing hogs with his 45 cal. air rifle.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sleek

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2013, 04:44:08 am »
Wow, now I want one of these.... Wonder if its difficult to cast your own ammo? Or even carve it like a blow gun....
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2013, 10:42:48 am »
Sleek they sell it. Go to Google pyramid air and you'll find what were talking about.

Jon

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2013, 10:45:58 am »
I asked about BP restrictions in NY on the major M/L site, got mixed opinions. One said it was #5 per legal shooter in a household, one said he had never hear of any and ordered #25 that was shipped to him in upstate NY, another said his club bought cases, split them up between members and didn't know of any restrictions. Lastly, one guy said it was impossible to be legal in NY because of so may obscure regs on the books so he just bought what he needed.   

Offline coaster500

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2013, 01:59:37 pm »
This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo.
On the way home I stopped at the gas station where a drop-dead gorgeous blond was filling up her car at the next pump.

She looked at the ammo in the back of my truck and said in a very sexy voice,
"I'm a big believer in barter, big boy. Would you be interested in trading some lovin' for ammo?"

I thought a few seconds and asked, "what kinda ammo ya got?"   >:D

-gus

I bet it was hell when the alarm went off Gus :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2013, 12:26:41 am »
I asked about BP restrictions in NY on the major M/L site, got mixed opinions. One said it was #5 per legal shooter in a household, one said he had never hear of any and ordered #25 that was shipped to him in upstate NY, another said his club bought cases, split them up between members and didn't know of any restrictions. Lastly, one guy said it was impossible to be legal in NY because of so may obscure regs on the books so he just bought what he needed.   

Eric, Things are so screwed up with NY and the politicians, I have no doubt that all of those stories are true. I cited the 5lbs per household because my pals who are more experienced with BP than me said that was what they understood as the law.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2013, 12:51:35 am »
This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo.
On the way home I stopped at the gas station where a drop-dead gorgeous blond was filling up her car at the next pump.

She looked at the ammo in the back of my truck and said in a very sexy voice,
"I'm a big believer in barter, big boy. Would you be interested in trading some lovin' for ammo?"

I thought a few seconds and asked, "what kinda ammo ya got?"   >:D

-gus

I bet it was hell when the alarm went off Gus :)

Ummmm.. Gus.. I don't get it??
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline sleek

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2013, 12:56:10 am »
In otherwords, He musta been dreamin....

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2013, 12:57:51 am »
So, with that much power, we aren't talkin pellet riffles here... what exactly are these airguns?

They basically are just pellet guns, but they shoot upwards of 1000 fps, as compared to the typical 500fps or less of your standard pellet gun. I own one, and it can put a pellet clear through a 3/4 inch board. Its a great rig, but its heavy as hell. Weighs a lot more than either my rifle or my shotgun.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2013, 01:05:43 am »
Thanks Sleek.. I thought it was a true story and wanted to know what type of ammo he had bought..  >:D

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2013, 01:29:52 am »
Harrumph,

In an effort to come clean on the matter I will simply say...

"What were we talking about?"

O:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline sleek

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2013, 03:09:59 am »
LOL, Which time Gus?

Offline criveraville

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2013, 01:41:28 pm »
I found WINCHESTER 22 LR 555 ROUNDS BOXS 45.00

Not paying it..

Offline Lemos

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2013, 02:23:21 pm »
I've been having luck at our local Bimart and Walmart about every other week I've lucked into bricks of 22's they have us on a two box limit though. I have noticed more and more handgun rounds and a few of the more common hunting calibers on the shelves.