Author Topic: Firearm ammunition question  (Read 14554 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Firearm ammunition question
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 07:08:31 pm »
I guess I better start stockpiling sharp pointed sticks
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline DQ

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 09:20:33 pm »
Our local paper reported that in addition to 1.6 billion rounds of hollow point ammo, the DHS has also purchased 7000 assult rifles and 2000 light armored tanks lately.  What do they know that we don't?

Offline Josh B

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 09:34:50 pm »
Hollow point!?  Are you sure it's hollow point?  If so, that's very very bad!  Hollow point ammo is against the Geneva convention.  In other words, it can only be used domestically.....on us.  Obviously, it comes as no surprise who they (uncle sucker) have in their crosshairs.  What surprises me is that they are being so obvious about it.  Its hard to explain away hollow points.  Josh

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 09:40:53 pm »
Ok, Lets make a few good bows and TONS of arrows, and drop the politics. I have some very, very crazy stuff to say about politics, but this is the campfire, guys, no politics.
Actually, I dont care. I a stockpiling sling ammo, as well as steel plate. I have given every one of my friends a tactical tommahawk as a christmas gift.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline DQ

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 09:52:32 pm »
Gun Doc - Yep, the article specified that it was mostly hollow point ammo and that it couldn't be used in war by the convention.  The article said, it was obviously meant to be used in this country.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 10:33:02 pm »
Biting tongue for all I'm worth.  Makes you wonder don't it, DQ ?  Josh

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 10:44:50 pm »
Let's start citing sources like they made us do in high school.  Also, I would like to read this for myself.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline DQ

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 10:55:56 pm »
Tim - That article was in the Clare County Cleaver, Harrison, Michigan on Thursday, March 21st, 2013.  I have no way of proving that the information is correct.

Thanks for asking,  DQ

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 11:09:34 pm »
According to Snopes, the DHS did sign a contract with suppliers to purchase 1.7 billion rounds of various ammo over the next 5 years.  The "tanks" are light armored vehicles that the Marine Corps contracted to be refitted after they came back from deployment in the sandbox, nothing to do with DHS.

any reasons put forward as to why the DHS needs 350 million rounds per year are purely speculation.

We are experiencing an ammo bubble, much like the housing bubble and every other commodity that's been swept up in a panic.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 11:11:06 pm »
If you google Homelandsecurity buying ammo or the NYS SAFE act you will find more than enough to cause concern for our country.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 12:01:03 am »
...and you know if it is on the internet it has to be true.  ;)
  Guys, I don't mind the conversation but lets keep the rules in mind.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh B

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 12:33:35 am »
You do have a valid point Pat.  Just because you read it on the internet that doesn't necessarily make it so.  On the other hand, sticking ones head in the sand and denying what's happening doesn't make it any less so.  I guess in the end, we all have to choose what we think is right and hope we aren't to far off the mark when we decide what to do about it.  Josh

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 02:24:15 am »
I think people are being paraniod, and the ammunition (like the oil companies) are making a bundle.....remember that oil prices are based on speculation, as long as you keep your buyers scared they will buy more, EVEN at a ridiculious price increases. The bad is it's EASY for prices to go up in a panic, NOT so easy for them to go down because now THEY know what you are willing to pay!

Last and I say the most rediculious idea of some civil unrest.....come on guys (talking in general here) who is REALLY going to be pointing a gun at the cops, or military?? I think this is male mocho (grunting  :laugh:)

As far as DSHS (OR WHOEVER) buying ammo, I really doubt that the people of this country including those that are armed, would seriously take arms against a well armed society like ours....REGARDLESS of the buying spree. My .02

VMB

Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline sleek

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 04:21:02 am »
Hey Squirrel, this isnt talking politics, its talking guns, ammo, and current news. :) No rule breaking going on over here :D Other than that...
 Hey, VNB, I bet the Brits thought the same thing, what farmer will take up arms against the king of England? And on the flip side of that, back in the day, every citizen was armed, and the Gov still turned on them. ( now Squirrel, we are talking history, not politics ) The Brits thought their training was the advantage, also being more heavily armed than the citizen, and didnt hesitate to fire on citizens when they took up arms.

Dont think that it wouldnt happen again. It is the same thought process now as it was then. The citizens are armed, there fore they are protected, and the gov has bigger guns and training, so they are more powerful. Only in time of war can that Vs be settled. 

I have lots I could add to this, but I am one of those ( paranoid ) folks that fears the Gov monitoring my communication, as I am on the terrorist watch list. Give you one guess why I am on that list. Some of you who know me may be able to figure it out.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 08:54:03 am »
What PatB said. ;)  Emotional subject for sure and everyone has their thoughts and opinions on it,I have mine and will Tell you about them sometime off the site. Most that know me know how I feel. Just please keep it civil and follow the rules of the site. Yall Done mighty fine so far but we all know this can go bad fast. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good