Author Topic: why snake skins?  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: why snake skins?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 04:31:13 pm »
Fred, it was used as a moisture barrier for their sinew backed bows...and decoration too I guess but they were very limited from what I understand.
 I got attacked by a brown thrasher 2evenings in a row and couldn't figure out what was up until I realized my bow was backed with copperhead skins. Brown thrashers are ground birds so I guess they are not as fond of copperheads as I am.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 05:31:40 pm »
Pat, I'd of liked to seen that on film. :laugh: Those skins could have ruined a good hunt!
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Frawg

• Mayan Apocalypse Survivor
    • N/A
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 05:39:18 pm »
Lmao, Just spit Tea everywhere picturing that bird all up in Pat's beard
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 05:57:17 pm »
It did. It ruined two good sits. Right at dusk , in a tree right between hardwoods and a cane brake.  >:(  After all wasaid and done it was quite funny.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bow101

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 08:43:24 pm »
I only question the use of snake skins because every other bow has it.....but then again what do I know............ ??? ???
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell