Author Topic: the central kentucky gathering(moontree shoot)  (Read 9850 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: the central kentucky gathering(moontree shoot)
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 10:35:17 pm »
OK Hedge...............
Here they are............. any comments/criticisms appreciated.

Thanks Blackhawk,  me tooo
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2013, 10:43:06 pm »
I need to aplogize to some of you.  I've been raving, a rightfully so about the gift of a bow from blackhawk, that I've felled to post pics of the other wonderful gifts I recieved at the gathering.  I told someone, that I should have a gathering once a month.  It was like Christmas.  And just like Christmas I was so busy admiring and appreciating the gifts that I probably confused who gave me what.  So this is my best attempt to remember who gave me what.  If I crossed up the names it only because I'm old and forgetful and it was a bit hectic at times.

Osage Outlaw presented me with a nice little knife.  It was just the second one he's made.  So, I'm very honored by it.

Tracy and Chertle gave me two points obsidian points they pounded out in the short time they where here.  You guys have to plan to stay longer next year.

Wapiti gave me a couple maple staves.  I've really been wanting to try some maple.  And a sassafras stave that's going to be an experiment with hickory backing.  Since Joe, was here in an official compacity, he pointed out trees I didn't know I had and gave me several bags of food plot seeds.  My quail thanks you so much, that is if those pesky rabbits don't eat them all.  haha

Now here is where things get fuzzy.  These items were gifted to me while I was in a crazy part of my day or was just brain dead from all the excitement.  So, if I have it wrong PLEASE tell me.  And know that I really do appreciate them.

Danza Bar gave me a much needed hickory stave.  I just feel nekkid without a hickory stave in the pile.

Greg brought a bundle of river cane.  Are they seasoned enough for me to make arrow for the Classic?

Now, this gift is very appreciated because my method  of making bow strings usually end with way too much waste or too short.  But, it was also given to me at a time when several folks were leaving and I was finishing up a demo on my way of doing a 2-fletch arrow.  But, I think this gift was from Ozzy.  I've already drilled a hole in the wall, glued in a peg and drilled a hole in the string jig so it will be safe from my clutter.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful gifts, but mostly for coming to this little event.  The friendships and bonds started that weekend will last a life time, I'm sure.  I can't wait for next year.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:49:39 pm by hedgeapple »
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

blackhawk

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2013, 10:57:17 pm »
Bill..I thinks you should give the top limb some more scrapes..its a lil stiff after fixing your bottom limb

That's quite a gift list Dave...and just shows what kind of people hang around on this site...you won't find a better bunch of folks anywhere else

I got the bow I made down there all shot in yesterday...n its got two coats of oil on her so far...I had to take the week off n recoop n catch up with family time....I'm thinking of naming her moon tree or something along those lines...maybe yeller moon tree? Finished pics in a couple days...turned out nice.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2013, 11:12:51 pm »
Thanks for having us all Dave.  I'm already looking forward to next years gathering.

Bill, did you throw that hole in the bow stave that we were looking at in the back of my truck?  When I got home I found a cool stave and I don't remember where it came from.  Of course I don't remember a whole lot from Friday evening so maybe I traded somebody for it.  Oh well, its a nice stave so thanks to who ever gave it to me. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2013, 11:27:03 pm »
BH
Thanks, I see it, I'll work on that and shoot it somemore.

OO,
It wasn't me............... brought that stave back to the shop, hope someday I'll get enough courage to tackle that one.  :-\
DB
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2013, 12:31:29 am »
Chris, I'm looking forward to seeing it with lip stick.  How did it shoot?  My only requet for the weekend was not grabbing a target and lights and making you shoot that bow Saturday night.  I'm sure it wouldn't have taken much arm twisting.  ;)

Bill, I agree with BH.  It seems mostly stiff about 6" above the handle.  I'd do about 10 scrapes there first then re-check.

OO, sounds like you have a secret Santa.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

blackhawk

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2013, 09:18:12 am »
Shoots nice Dave...not as good as yours tho ;) yeah maybe we shouldve got the lights out,but I think we were all pretty whooped by that point

@OO ....hmmmm...where ever did it come from  ::)

Offline TRACY

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2013, 09:33:23 am »
Clint, sounds like you got a visit from the stave fairy!

Bill, looks like a keeper! I really like the curves in it.

Dave, I think you need to organize a bunny hunt with bows! I make a mean pot of rabbit gumbo and might enjoy flinging arrows at lagamorphs >:D I think Dutch apple cobbler would compliment the gumbo ::)

BH- cant wait to see the finished bow!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2013, 09:58:27 am »
Shoots nice Dave...not as good as yours tho ;) yeah maybe we shouldve got the lights out,but I think we were all pretty whooped by that point

@OO ....hmmmm...where ever did it come from  ::)

Well thanks buddy.  We must have traded on friday.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline seabass

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 11:18:51 am »
that is a cool looking bow Bill.i can't wait to see you shoot it at the classic.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2013, 04:29:50 pm »
Tracy, I've flung hundreds of arrows at bunnies on the farm.  But I seem to miss them by a hare.  bu-dum-bump.   ;D  The problem with a bunny hunt is it's season is during archery deer season.  I suppose I'll have to limit out early this year and plan for a bunny hunt after rifle season in mid-Nov. 
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline string wax

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2013, 06:15:39 pm »
so where are you fellas im in winchester

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2013, 11:27:57 pm »
String Wax, I'm across the bridge about 5 miles from Boonesborough
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2013, 08:59:53 am »
Dave, unless I'm mistaken, the cane is switch cane. It should be good to go. It was cut in December and has been stored indoors. It will need sorted through, though.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN