Author Topic: the central kentucky gathering(moontree shoot)  (Read 9852 times)

Offline seabass

Re: the central kentucky gathering(moontree shoot)
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 05:17:29 pm »
i just want to say that i had a great time.i had a blast shooting with you guys.now i'm back home getting buried under snow.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 05:42:34 pm »
I see one of my boo arrows in that deer target! Must be Chickenhawk is finally using them.........tightwad anyway........
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 05:51:48 pm »
Ok Steve.  We will let you tell us how deep it is?? ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 05:54:09 pm »
He used my boo arrows all weekend.  And then when he shot over all the targets he blamed it on the arrows  ::)    ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline seabass

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 07:41:58 pm »
Charles,i tell you how deep when it stops snowing.Chris,that was mine right next to his.i think he was shooting at mine lol.we had such a great time.i hope Dave does it again.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 08:04:19 pm »
LOL....just messing with you there man.  We got up to about 2 inches here from the storm, but that's all.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 09:48:45 pm »
Steve, enjoyed talking with you and checking out your yew bow! Man that thing is awesome. Next time I will shoot with you guys . Dave had a really neat little cedar course. Next stop, Clarksville, TN. 8)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 10:03:46 pm »
Clint, Chris, Greg, we forgot about the venison roast soup you guys were going to take home with you.  What about I bring it the Classic for a pot luck on Friday.  The rest of you are invited, also.  There's 3 gallons of the stuff left.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline seabass

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 10:12:09 pm »
Tracy,Daves course was great.i wish you would have shot with us.we had the best time.you can make it up by shooting with us at the classic.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline DLH

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 01:35:56 am »
Thanks for having me up Dave and letting me shoot one of your bows it was the most fun I have had in a long time and a good break from school. Chris and Clint you were both a great help with that stave I started on this weekend if it doesn't work out I still have have learned things I can apply to the next. Nice doing a trade with you Clint hope that makes some good handles for ya and if you need anymore let me know. Steve I agree with Tracy that yew bow was amazing and your carp story was awesome too. I enjoyed listening to Steve, Dave and Greg sharing their fishin stories until early in the morning haha. Tracy nice doing some knapping with you and talking about rocks had a good time and hope to do it again in May. Ozzy can't wait to see your bow finished. It was nice meeting everyone and hope we can do it all again next year.

Offline spyder1958

• Retire Air Force, love all outdoors, 7 grandkids
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 02:47:37 pm »
Looks like a blast guys and Dave is a great host. The Moontree cabin sure provides a good nites rest.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 07:32:44 pm »
Hey Dave, did the Louisville Primitive Society folks ever make it on that Friday? Just remembered a pm from him.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 09:48:00 pm »
hey Blackhawk, Dave and the guys @ the moontree shoot,
Been working on that snakey osage bow that popped and cracked when I pulled it back in the work shop.  It started out at about 58# @ 28". First thing I did was put about 3" of reflex in it and then added some thin goat rawhide.  It did have a bad hinge in it right where it cracked.  I wanted so bad to have a bow at Daves  to shoot I think I rushed the tiller the first time.  I took my time this time and worked around the hinge, also keeping the other limb at the same level.  It wasn't long before the hinge disappeared and with NO pops or cracks.  ;D .  Thanks Blackhawk for laying your hands on it and appling some superglue.  I think your touch did the trick.  At the moment,  it shapes up to 47# @ 28" and I just got through shooting about 24 arrows with NO problems.  :) :).   I hope to shoot it a couple of hundred times before the classic,  add some skins and bring it to the classic to show you guys. 
Dave.......... thanks again for having everyone,  and blackhawk for laying your hands on the bow. ::)
See ya,
DB 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 10:01:26 pm »
Tracy, I remember a post about the Louisville Primitive Society.  But, for the life of me can't remember who was talking about.  It suck's getting old.

Bill, that is awesome.  I was so afraid that bow was firewood.  I'm glad you proved me wrong.  Now where are the pictures? :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

blackhawk

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 10:22:12 pm »
Cool bill...hope she holds for ya... cus thats a cool piece of wood :)