Author Topic: Looking to buy a bandsaw, any recommendations? I'm willing to go up to 700...  (Read 7314 times)

Offline Carson (CMB)

I just got my band saw set-up for ripping yew logs, and I love it.   I know you are looking for new, but I have to say that if you can find an old 14" Delta with the cast iron wheels they are worth it.  I got one for $250 that had just been re furbished, but had no motor.  I picked up a new 2hp motor for $250, and a riser block kit for $100.  So for $600 I have a 2hp saw with 12" resaw capacity and good solid steel all around.  So I guess I am saying, if you are not in a big hurry, don't give up on used.    Sounds like 1 hp will be enough for what you need.  Make sure you set the saw up correctly and use good blades. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline ScottN

I bought a Craftsman 10in bandsaw from Sears for about $200. Sits on my workbench and it easily moveable if needed. I also purchased some 1/2" timberwolf blades- this things cuts everything I throw at it! Still in great shape after almost a year of use.
...take me away...from the place I've been...          ...to another life...in another world...

Offline Tom Leemans

I have the white version of that Grizzly saw! It was 605.00 with shipping and I think I bought an extra timberwolf blade. Good saw! GREAT company! Splurge and get the cast iron wheels if you can.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/14-Deluxe-Bandsaw/G0555LX

P.S. You may have to do some adjusting to tune it after assembly. The do get jounced in shipping, even though they're packaged well. Just take your time and follow instructions in the manual.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:02:15 pm by Tom Leemans »