Author Topic: New Batch of Dowel Arrows. Turkey Fletch.  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Slackbunny

New Batch of Dowel Arrows. Turkey Fletch.
« on: March 22, 2013, 04:42:22 pm »
Just finished up the last of these arrows this morning. They are just simple 3/8 inch dowels from Home Depot. I needed to whip out some quickies for a bunch of HHB kids bows that I am giving away next week. The feathers are turkey feathers. (The plain black are the secondary and the black and white are the primary is that right?)

Anyway, I left them blunt because there's two brothers who are most likely going to try and shoot each other with them, and I won't be responsible for that. I'm taking my taper tool, some glue, and some field points with me and if the parents okay it, I can just put the points on them right there. They are all made custom to the length of the bow they are paired with to ensure that the bows don't get overdrawn.

Here's the pics, what do you think? I feel like I am really getting this arrow thing down to a science.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
Re: New Batch of Dowel Arrows. Turkey Fletch.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 04:50:22 pm »
Looking really good there.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 05:36:02 pm »
Nice arrows, but you might want to wrap the tips with something, even electrical tape. They will split if you hit a hard object.
-Squirrel
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 05:45:15 pm »
Nice arrows, but you might want to wrap the tips with something, even electrical tape. They will split if you hit a hard object.
-Squirrel

That thought has been running through my mind. I won't use electrical tape, but I might do something.

Offline half eye

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 06:14:39 pm »
Ya might try some of those "extra" pencil erasers from the dollar store. pretty effective while they last and cheap.
rich

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 07:24:54 pm »
 . . . . or screw some wing nuts onto the end for a nice small game point or a regular nut for a blunt. 

Russ

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 08:55:09 pm »
I think I'll keep them as is for now, because I may be adding field points to them soon enough anyway.

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 11:29:30 pm »
Brilliant,Halfeye!
Slackbunny- I knew you wouldn't give those kids their bows without any arrows ;) That would just be cruel.