Author Topic: Slinging  (Read 7177 times)

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

Slinging
« on: March 20, 2013, 10:20:35 pm »
Any Slingers out there?
I know a few...
Maybe a sling and a bow are the 2 best weapons on earth.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Slinging
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:34:54 pm »
There was some guy named David that used to talk about slinging.  But that was a  long time ago.  I heard he got into music and eventually got into government. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 12:49:57 am »
Howdy,  I play with slings occasionally, but am really terrible at hitting anything smaller than a large hill.   I have visited slinging.org in the past.  The people there are crazy/ obsessed about slings.  Not just quietly interested like we are about archery.   Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 02:06:28 am »
Well...
That is intresting. You guys think you are quietly intrested in archery?
Very, Very funny.
-Squirrel
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 09:23:10 am »
I've been known to braid a sling or 2 when my job gets really boring.  The nurses think it's  sweet that I'm "secure enough" to do braiding projects.  I don't get to practice much with them since what little free time I have is sucked up by a baby and girlfriend, and 4 other hobbies that I'm more obsessed with
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline Christian Soldier

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 11:10:05 am »
I am.  :)

My username is Dan on slinging.org, I've been doing it for 4-5 years now and I'm pretty much addicted to slinging.

I sling a few tennis balls when I don't have time to practice with my bow.

Here's a vid of my target slinging for you guys that haven't seen much slinging before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEuVnZq2BMA
I still can't compete against bows with my slings accuracy wise, but I've come a long ways and I plan to continue on. 

Slings are really awesome power wise, you just have to practice often and for a long time.  :)
2nd Timothy 2:3 "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 12:11:34 pm »
I made a duct tape and shoelace sling when I was a teenager. Then I broke a window when a stone flew astray. That was the end of that.

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 04:34:44 pm »
Ive been slinging for probably 2 years now and really enjoy it. Like Dan, my accuracy is nowhere near bow level, but I can nail a 4x4 target at 15 yards every time. Best shot ever was on a 1 foot wide by 3 foot tall buoy about 150 yards away. Nailed it smack in the middle right where I was aiming.

Here are are few slings that I've made.

Jon

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 06:46:25 pm »
Nice. I like the leather one.
I can nail a 4 foot by 2 foot target 8 times out of 10 using gofl balls from 15 yards...

Offline Christian Soldier

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 09:41:12 am »
I can nail a 4 foot by 2 foot target 8 times out of 10 using gofl balls from 15 yards...

Video or it didn't happen.  ;)
2nd Timothy 2:3 "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 05:41:11 pm »

Video or it didn't happen.  ;)
Will do!

Offline bow101

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 07:40:09 pm »
When I was around 11-14 I was making slings from old shoe laces and using the tongue for the pouch. I got quite good at it, Could hit a pop bottle at about 20-25 yards about 6 out of every ten shots, and the misses were darn close. The trick is the release, your timing has to be just right. The sling has to be an extension of your arm.
Just pretend you are pitching a ball. :P
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Horse Thief Killer

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 09:34:52 pm »
Hey man what is the website for slinging. I thought it was posted but I cant find it maybe I dumb but I have be interested in getting a sling for years. I saw a history channel show where a professional slinger  from somewhere in eastern Europe proved that David could have really killed Golith. I slung a stone and it hit a human skill with a metal helmet and completely crushed the nose guard and cracked the skull right above the nose. If you can help me out that would be awesome. I just need to see a few more to get and idea on making a few for me. Thanks

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 11:28:09 pm »
Hey man what is the website for slinging. I thought it was posted but I cant find it maybe I dumb but I have be interested in getting a sling for years. I saw a history channel show where a professional slinger  from somewhere in eastern Europe proved that David could have really killed Golith. I slung a stone and it hit a human skill with a metal helmet and completely crushed the nose guard and cracked the skull right above the nose. If you can help me out that would be awesome. I just need to see a few more to get and idea on making a few for me. Thanks
You want a sling?

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 09:03:50 am »
The best site is slinging dot org.  lots of how to's.  It doesn't move as fast as this forum but it's chock full o' good stuff.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018