Author Topic: pig in the ground help  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Marks

pig in the ground help
« on: March 18, 2013, 01:10:51 pm »
Killed this little guy Saturday and plan on cooking him in the ground for a family get together. Looking for the best method of doing it because I've never attempted anything like this before. Anyone got any insite
I like the idea in this link pretty good. Sounds easy enough. I like the idea of no flipping during. Stick it in the hole and come back when its done.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2009/12/cooking-whole-hog-underground.html?m=1

Offline coaster500

Re: pig in the ground help
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 01:39:00 pm »
Looks to me like you got you answer ...........

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2009/12/cooking-whole-hog-underground.html?m=1

Whens the party :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 06:46:40 pm »
Never cooked a whole one in the ground, sounds like too much work for me. I've cooked a lot whole on trailer mounted steel smokers, though. Congratulations on the piggie.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 06:58:30 pm »
I like the way that cowgirl did it except using a backhoe is totally cheating. I'm interested to see how yours goes.  Be sure to let us know.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Stoker

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 07:40:21 pm »
Done a coupla pigs in the ground. Cowgirls way is the way it's done. Make sure you got lots of fire wood. Nice shot on the piggy.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline bubby

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 08:17:07 pm »
I like the way that cowgirl did it except using a backhoe is totally cheating. I'm interested to see how yours goes.  Be sure to let us know.

tim if ya aint cheatin' ya aint trying >:D, this is almost exactly how I've done it, plus we've got a backhoe
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 08:45:06 pm »
tim if ya aint cheatin' ya aint trying >:D, this is almost exactly how I've done it, plus we've got a backhoe
Haha you're killin' me!  Whatever happened to shovels and working together?  Helped my dad dig a hole for a septic mound.   Digging is fun work anyway!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Marks

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 10:42:42 am »
Nice shot on the piggy.
Thanks Leroy

Thanks. I should have had my bow. The shot was 20 yards max and I could have got closer. They were in some downfalls rooting around and had no idea I even existed. I've been after them so hard for this pig in the ground idea that I decided to take no chances and took my gun. Go figure the 1 time I take it I get a perfect stalking bow shot.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 06:44:29 pm »
A pig on the ground is better than 2 in the bush
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano