Author Topic: two new bows  (Read 11572 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: two new bows
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 11:58:08 pm »
Mitch, I add the wrap then soak it with the Massey finish. Last night when I did this I just rolled up a paper towel and made a brush of sorts. I then dipped it in the finish and dobbed that on the cord wrap until it is all saturated, taking care around the leather floppy rest not to saturate it too. This morning it was all cured out and ready to go. It makes a great, all weather handle wrap and is cheap and easy to do.
  Thanks everyone. I've enjoyed getting back into building and have come up with a few ideas I want to try now.    ;D
  Clint, any time, any bow.
Jesse, old habits die hard.  ;)   Glad to see you back in the loop.  Sure would be nice to have some cheese curds with my cold beer at the Classic.  ::)
  Dictionary, I have a "How To" on the Floppy rest if you would like it. It is an invention of Mickie Lotz(The Ferrot)
Josh, my "corner of shame" has produced a few fantastic bows over the years. I never burn screw ups. They disserve another chance. It just has to be the right time for both of you.  ;)
  Danny, we have all been there. I've been doing this stuff for 25 years or more and my first 10 years were rediculous!  ???
Seabass, both Twin Oaks and I appreciate that. I have a good feeling about your chances!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline coaster500

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 11:59:35 pm »
Really nice work Pat, very nice....  you're putting them out lately  :)

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 12:06:10 am »
Lesken and Country, you will be winners if you come to the Classic. This little "come on" is just a very small part of it...but your dollars are welcomed in the jars!  ;D
  BB, this will be a great little deer bow. I'll need to make a set of Eastern Woodland hill cane arrows for her.
  Thanks Kip. It really feels good to get back into it. I needed the respit but now I'm back. 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline okie64

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 12:15:43 am »
Very nice set of bows Pat. I Always enjoy seeing your full draw shots.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 12:21:35 am »
Thanks Okie, but you'll have to forgive the fake grin in the undrawn pics though.  :-[

Offline Gordon

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 01:57:51 am »
You make some sweet bows Pat.
Gordon

Offline DuBois

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 03:28:06 am »
Very nice bows!
What's the Classic :o

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 07:40:29 am »
Beautiful pair Pat,very nice job as usuall, glad to see ya back at it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 07:53:13 am »
Good looking bows Pat. Your tips look nice!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 08:32:15 am »
Nice work Pat.  Good on you for breathin' life back in to that one.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 09:58:43 am »
Thanks everyone.
DuBois, the Classic is the Tennessee Classic the mostest, bestest wood bow gathering in the world. Be there or be square!!!  ;)

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 10:07:11 am »
Man, those are fine.  I am gonna try my best to be there for my first visit to the Classic this year. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline raghorns

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 10:36:41 am »
Man Pat....those are sooooo nice....another good reason to come to the Classic....as if I needed another reason!

Lyle
Live Life at Full Draw

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 11:46:02 am »
Two beauties, Pat. Like both.
They laying side by side in the first pics like woman and man. Will not be easy to devide such a dream - team.
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline Keenan

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 12:54:35 pm »
Pat you are a bow building machine. Two more incredible bows.  The tillers look spot on and the profiles sure do show the quality of your work!. Very generous gift as well!