Author Topic: Smoked Sinew?  (Read 2360 times)

blackhawk

Re: Smoked Sinew?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 03:37:44 pm »
That's a funny story clintster  ;D  :laugh:

Offline autologus

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 04:05:59 pm »
I can talk him into doing about anything.  For 50 cents he found out the pinching power that a stag beetle has.

Did it draw blood?  Those things are strong.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 05:02:09 pm »
It latched onto his nipple (I got to pick the spot) and he starts screaming and jumping around.  The beetle is floppin' like a giant nipple ring.  Best 50 cents I ever spent.  Night shift at a sewer plant gets pretty boring.

Sorry about distracting from your post Sasquatch.  I think you could trade for some better sinew than the pet store stuff but would work as a last resort as long as you cleaned it good.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 05:33:14 pm »
No problem,  I like crazy stories. Besides your coworker reminded me of myself.  About the sinew i think that i will save the money for now. this stuff is really oily. thanks for all the responses.  Keep Building Boys.... ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 12:11:17 am »
I got some back sinew from a guy in the UPO of Michigan that came from a deer processor. The processor kept the sinew in his smoker(must have been cold smoke) until he had a bunch and Dana would pick it up. I've been using this sinew ever since and the smoke hasn't hurt anything. I do hydrate and wash the sinew in Dawn before bow backing but not for hafting and wraps. I just chew it for that and the smoke gives it a nice taste.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline randman

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 03:06:58 am »
I get my sinew from the pet store. It's cheap at 2.50 a hank. Stuff I get isn't smoked. Just needs to be washed with dawn and hydrated like Pat says. Nothing wrong with it at all. I have seen some big stuff though (looks like Bovine backstrap) that looks way overcooked and is hard and brittle that would never work.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.