Author Topic: Ball or rock shooting arrow  (Read 1604 times)

Offline fiddler49

Ball or rock shooting arrow
« on: March 14, 2013, 09:59:51 pm »
 I made a ball shooting arrow with all natural materials. Raw hide funnel and slider, Slider stop is waxed linen thread. Moose lace and a rabbit fur drag. You just pinch the very ends of the moose lace between index and middle finger. The lace is just tied around middle of rabbit fur with over hand knot. The arrow weights 700 grains, .57 cal lead ball weighs 300 grains. A .49 cal ball weighs 220 grains. I use a bit of birch bark tar poured into the funnel hot to hold raw hide to arrow shaft.
The rabbit fur drag stops the arrow in less than 3 yards. The .57 cal balls have enough energy to go threw 6 inches of foam board at 10 yards. I put two moose lace lines on sides of slider to make the pull more centered. I think this is an excellent addition to the quiver when out small game hunting or just plinking.  cheers fiddler49
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:20:09 pm by fiddler49 »

Offline twisted hickory

Re: Ball or rock shooting arrow
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:37:08 pm »
That is cool 8) I would get the thing tied around my finger or something though :o So post picts when it makes meat
Greg

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Ball or rock shooting arrow
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 11:16:55 pm »
 ??? ain't never seen nothin like it. You pinch the moose thong between first and middle finger when you shoot it?  I'd like to see that in action. 

You a welder?

cool arrow, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)