Author Topic: I'm not a lier  (Read 13552 times)

Offline Roy

Re: I'm not a lier
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 03:27:01 pm »
That's ok okie, I fit right into that mold:)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 03:39:27 pm »

You should have sent a picture of your skulls to the person that emailed you and said that those were the last two guys that sent emails like that to you  >:D

Hah!  That there is funny, right there!

After 4 pages of good folks "spanking" the unnamed person, they ought feel as if they have received their schooling on online etiquette. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 03:50:36 pm »
     I don't cap to be yelling put use'lly do it on important things. Or if I want to get my point across. Beleive me I could care less about what anyone else's thinks of me. Exspeciall on the internet.
   My spelling and grammer dose suck ever since in 06 when I had 2 strokes. Beleive me I don't care what anyone thinks on here about me. I spent a year in a wheel chair, cruchs, 4 legged cain, to a bad limp to after 100's of miles walking. Now I only limb very little.
    I still fall once in a while fell got hunt really bad on NOV. 12 bow hunting. Set up to sleep for over a month. I also could'nt talk for almost a year other than makeing sounds. Some times my train of thoughs a little off. So if I mispell a word here or there I'm sure most people on heres smart enought to read through what I mean.
  I could'nt shoot a bow for 2 years and and after I could I could'nt fee the right side ofl my face(ankor point) for over another year. I had to cut my arrows off to where I could fee the head touch the back of the shelf. Missed 2 gobblers that spring when I started back. One at 9 or 10 yards the other maybe 15. I'm not a very religious person but that first fall I shot s 6 point at 3 yards. I always said god must have sent that buck to me. Pissed my old lady off 34 times that fall. She just knew I was going to fall and frezze to death one night.
  Arrowed a 3 year old gobbler the next spring at 11 or 12 yards and it was late summer before I started to feel the right side of my mouth again/
  Acturaly a couple of good things came from me haveing strokes. One was since I have no balance and lost a right side cornation. It's made me a total gound hunter. And I stand hunted for over 30 years. Now I could climb up again now but will never climb a tree again. I love ground hunting and glad the work of putting up and down a dozzen or so stards a years over.

You don't have to worry about me in anyway. I just felt this person needed to see what he saw. I think my friend was put in his place and did'nt exspect to see what he saw.
  NA JW I'M AS LAYED BACK AS YOU CAN GET. Wendy says if I get any more layed back I'd be a sleep all the time.
            THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONCES
                                                                  ROY
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 03:55:11 pm »
Referring back to a thread I started a few days ago...Roy, you certainly understand the point of living.  Grab every day and squeeze every drop of life out of it.  Anything else is wasting your time!

Having said that....I doubt you know anything about bows.   >:D  Bring 8 or10 of your bows out here so I can shoot 'em.  Please be sure to come during deer or turkey season.  Pheasant season may be ok, too.  There will be a test in my shop, though.  You will need to make shavings while you are here!  And bring Ms. Wendy along.  I'd like to meet the person that puts up with your shenanigans!!! 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:58:54 pm by JW_Halverson »
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 04:16:55 pm »
    ...   My spelling and grammer dose suck ever since in 06 when I had 2 strokes. Beleive me I don't care what anyone thinks on here about me. I spent a year in a wheel chair, cruchs, 4 legged cain, to a bad limp to after 100's of miles walking. Now I only limb very little.
    I still fall once in a while fell got hunt really bad on NOV. 12 bow hunting. Set up to sleep for over a month. I also could'nt talk for almost a year other than makeing sounds. Some times my train of thoughs a little off. So if I mispell a word here or there I'm sure most people on heres smart enought to read through what I mean.
  I could'nt shoot a bow for 2 years and and after I could I could'nt fee the right side ofl my face(ankor point) for over another year. I had to cut my arrows off to where I could fee the head touch the back of the shelf. Missed 2 gobblers that spring when I started back. One at 9 or 10 yards the other maybe 15. I'm not a very religious person but that first fall I shot s 6 point at 3 yards. I always said god must have sent that buck to me. Pissed my old lady off 34 times that fall. She just knew I was going to fall and frezze to death one night.
Roy,
It's amazing that you've had that level of recovery after only 6 years.  I work with a lot of stroke patients in my line of work and a lot of them don't end up having the drive to get back to really living.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 04:31:16 pm »
Haters are people who are misarable with there lives and can only deal with it by making other people feel that way.  >:( i belive you and if other people don't then thats there problem. not yours. you don't need to prove anything to anyone, if you say you made 100 bows then you made 100 bows. don't let theese low lifes get you down. i can tell by the posts here that you have lots of freinds here on PA, and we all look out for each other. a boy once said "freinds that shoot together, stay together" - Squirrelslayer 2013.  :laugh: SS  ;D ;D ;D ;D
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline k-hat

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 06:36:44 pm »
Kudos to you Roy.  I never doubted you for a minute (can't say that i agreed with you every minute ;)), and now that i know what you've been through my respect for you has gone through the roof.  You're an inspiration and encouragement to "hang in there and don't give up" when the going gets tough.  I tell ya, they just don't make'm like they used to ;)

Offline TRACY

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 08:31:59 pm »
I'm with Clint on the whole human skull thing :D No need to justify yourself here Roy! I've met a lot of folks here and can say that a pm like that is not typical of the folks I know. Shrug it off and keep on posting! I enjoy your comments and especially your experiences.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 05:27:23 am »
have you looked at his account? it could just be a puppet account that someone made to make that comment or is he a regular? SS
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline johnston

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 10:33:55 am »
Roy I don't post much anymore. Been called down a few times so now mostly
keep my opinions to myself. But let me just say that there are three guys on
the site that I read whenever I see their names on a comment or thread...
you, halfeye, and that damn Halverson.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 10:42:43 am »
Hang in there, my friend. You make fine bows. I have not posted bows in a few years either. I don't make as many as I used to. You make fine bows. Don't give what others think another thought. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline coaster500

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2013, 12:37:58 pm »
I believe every word you say Roy, always have. Do I agree with all of them? Hell no buddy! I think your over use of ALL CAPS may get younger people thinking your yelling at them. My guess is your "hater" is a younger person. Keep in mind if your 30 and under, typing is your only form of communication learned. Talking on phones wasnt a skill learned. Text, twitter, type or email

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Come on we're suppose to have fun and learn here young or ANCIENT LIKE ME ;)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:42:19 pm by coaster500 »
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2013, 02:49:36 pm »
Yes Sir Crooketarrow,

Like several have stated, I always make time to reed your posts...

My old Fishing Mentor, God Rest His Soul, used to tell me:
Don't Sweat the Petty Stuff...

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline bubby

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2013, 02:57:37 pm »
tell him to pound sand and move on, don't have to prove nothing to nobody, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2013, 03:01:01 pm »
   JW I'm lucky to have found WENDY she's truely one of a kind. Can't say one bad thing about her. Who else would let me hunt,fish or do what ever I do 365 days a year. Never said a word never try to put any restrickions on me or what I do.  Guess I've always been lucky I always did as I pleased.
  Her and my sons have a saying.
 We all live in ROYS WORLD .

PEKANE I know my doctor's. have told me UNBELEIVABLE. I'm still only about 90% I'm told I'm as far back to 100% as I'll ever get. I've really slowed down since my strokes. But I'm good with that, better than setting in a corner in a wheel chair.

GEORGE
  I've really slowed down also on bow building. I think with age you see theres not any use in turning out a bow or two a week. I still make 3 to 5 a year mostly for myself, kids, chartys only sell one or two a year don't advertise just word of mouth and I don't get in a hurry do it. I have way to many other hobbies going on.

I emailed my friend back before I posted. He emai9led  me useing his freinds email I found out found this out from his friend.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING