Author Topic: I'm not a lier  (Read 13559 times)

Offline toomanyknots

Re: I'm not a lier
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 12:38:25 pm »
on the upside of this at least we all get to see some cool looking bows you've made

;D And yes, caps is like screaming through your computer. :) Nice bows though. I don't believe anyone should have even the slightest reason to ever think you are a lair,... or a "lier", haha.

"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 12:47:42 pm »
 Now I do not believe in bullying or mocking but criticism for safety or performance is very important in my book. Every bow I post on here I hope that someone seeing something that I don't would speak up. Now if you comment on something that is not important to me I will just ignore it. I know some people take every word spoken to heart but maybe they should think about that before they post something for the WHOLE world to see. just my 2cents

Offline hatcha

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 12:51:24 pm »
I haven't been around for quite a while but I don't think I've ever found fault or disbelief in your posts.

If people are complaining about the use of capital letters, that's their problem.  I sometimes use capital letters to emphasise what I'm saying - it doesn't mean I'm "shouting".

At the end of the day, fcuk the begrudgers.

By the way Roy, you make a NICE bow!!

Steve.

Offline robby

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 01:02:25 pm »
Your a lot more diplomatic than I would have been crooketarrow, I'd have sent a return email "Go pi$$ up a boot you !@#$#@# A$$%&@#! Then blocked him. I guess Eric and I went to the same school.
By the way, NICE bunch of bows!!
Robby

Offline Lemos

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 01:19:08 pm »
Different personalities and opinions are what make talking to people interesting. I personnely enjoy blunt honesty and criticism and can hear most people's thoughts good or bad as long as its flavored with humor and respect. As far as you being a liar, well I don't know you personnely but I've never seen anything in your post that I remember that would lead me to believe that.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 01:42:28 pm »
Let's get off this whole young people thing.  Sure, there might be some young people that don't take criticism very well.  There are also older folks who don't take criticism very well.  Ultimately there's good, bad, and useless advice.  The person receiving the advice can use their own judgement to decide whether or not they're going to take it.  Folks need to chill out a bit.  It's not like we're doing surgery.  We're making bows.

Crooketarrow, I see that you have a lot of posts.  This tells me that you've been around the forum a while and have said a lot of things... and you're still around.  Being new here I would assume you've got a fair reputation.  I might look over some of your posts if I had any doubt.  After looking over a few of your posts I noticed that when you give advice you tell people what you do and what works for you.  I like this approach. 

Before I post I sometimes I click the preview button and read over my post and make sure that any typing errors are corrected and that my use of grammar is to the best of my ability.  I also make sure that the tone of the post is how I want it.  Sometimes things come off different when you read it a second time.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 02:00:28 pm »
Dont sweat it man..... The downside to social media...even this great sight... Is the fact that there will always be flakey folks backstabbin and sayin things they couldnt get away with in person... This cat aint worth your time..... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 02:15:22 pm »
Crooket,
A-holes will be a-holes, and the self-righteous ones are the worst.
I grew up with a father that expected my best in everything, and he taught me to take criticism and use it to better my work.  The real world doesn't gush over unfinished work, and I don't expect you to either.  If something needs adjustment, by all means mention it.
Your grammar sucks but it's perfectly readable.  You do a fantastic job of conveying your experience without resorting to a "my way or the highway" position.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 02:15:45 pm »
They don't like CAPS here, believe me I would know...good luck! :D
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Roy

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 02:29:29 pm »
Ok okie watch your mouth boy, and get it right, I'm an Old Yankee...  :) LOL

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 02:46:37 pm »
Hey there old boy, maybe you want to lay off the coffee.  It seems your nerves are on edge!   >:D

I got a similar private message last year when I was "called out".  When I came back down out of orbit I realized the guy was ribbing me the same way I pick on him.  Unfortunately it doesn't sound like this guy was goofing off with you.  Pity he has to be such a weiner.  There are a few people on here I want to confront on a few issues, and I am going to bide my time so that I can do it face to face with them.  It's only fair that if I am going to take a chance to light their fuse that my nose be there to receive it's proper treatment.   

And just in case, to be very, very clear to everyone....that last bit was meant to be read by the person that sent the private message to crooketarrow.  If you feel froggy enough to jump a guy, have the maturity to do it in person.  Otherwise, shut your pie hole.  Flaming on this site is not something we tolerate...in the open or in private.  It's not the way we do things around here!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline half eye

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 03:01:47 pm »
crooket, Got the same treatment as you, only it was PM, other forums, posts on my posts, etc etc. got called a liar, history rewriter, and worst of all accussed of "dissrespecting" the authors of the Bowyers Bible books. I guess all ya can do is keep posting bud. It's hard to do though if ya aint one of the in-crowd.

JW, got all the respect in the world for ya, but I think your wrong about " not tolerated around here" statement.

Anyways, I doubt if the butt-head would say a peep to your face.
rich

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 03:19:17 pm »
I think it's already been summed up .  We are all here to learn and share what we have learned. No one is going to , or be obliged to believe everything he reads . As well they shouldn't! If you disagree with something you see, put in your two cents worth. That's where it ends . Discussions and opposing views are healthy and encourage growth and learning. Insults, and attacks on character, unfounded statements and inability to add meaningfull dialog just means you've entered a battle of wits,............unarmed! Sending a backdoor message like that  is just cowardly and small. Thank you for letting everyone know, Crooketarrow,and for having the admirable character to  not post the name. Maybe it will be a good lesson to "?" If you can't say it to everyone ,think about if it should be said at all.

Half eye - I think people sometimes forget that  "TBB" was written by humans  . Great stuff, but if we take that as the one and only truth ,we cannot progress.Even the boys that wrote the book have addmitted in subsequent volumes that it was the best information they had at the time.

Offline okie64

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 03:19:30 pm »
Ok okie watch your mouth boy, and get it right, I'm an Old Yankee...  :) LOL

SORRY ROY, wasnt aiming that comment at you, even though you do meet all qualifications there.  ;D ;D

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 03:20:05 pm »
If someone sends you something annominously than I wouldn't put to much thought into what they had to say. 

And as far as your experience, I could tell by your typing that you are a guy that has been around the block a few times.  The more experienced generations were not taught computer skills all through school like they are now.  It is nice to see your work though.  I think some of the more tenured bowyers don't feel the need to post many bows.  But for new members or someone that doesn't know you it would be nice to see the work of the person giving them advice. 

You should have sent a picture of your skulls to the person that emailed you and said that those were the last two guys that sent emails like that to you  >:D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left