Author Topic: pain in fingers  (Read 3875 times)

Offline BOWMAN53

pain in fingers
« on: February 21, 2013, 03:32:48 pm »
Lately ive been having some pain in my fingers (drawing hand). The middle knuckles feel like they're being pulled apart. I guess that technically they are. Does anyone else have this problem or heard of this before?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: pain in fingers
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 03:36:30 pm »
You might have tendonitis or a similar "over use syndrom" type ailment. You should probably give it a rest and take an antiinflamitory drug. Maybe even go see a doctor.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 03:44:04 pm »
Take a rest from shooting?!  :o what's this madness you speak of Pat? Lol jk ill take it easy the next few days. Ill shoota light bow if the archery bug bites me too hard lol.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 03:49:11 pm »
Are you using a glove or tab of just bare fingers? A glove or tab will help.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 04:01:24 pm »
I use tabs.

Offline Don

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 11:09:14 pm »
Hope it's nothing like mine.
I've got what the Doc calls trigger finger along with arthritis.
Going in Wednesday for surgery. Doc says do nothing for 4 to 6 weeks. Ya right, we'll see.
Good luck with it.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 11:16:06 pm »
Going in Wednesday for surgery. Doc says do nothing for 4 to 6 weeks. Ya right, we'll see.
Good luck with it.

And right after finishing that bow?  Oh, bad juju, baaad juju!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 04:07:24 am »

Just for poops, and giggles, get some "Arnica Montana" (Leopard's Bane)
It is amazing stuff, for inflammation, bruising, pulled muscles, tendons, etc.
  Try it and see if it helps.  Won't hurt! ;)  You can get it at your local health food store, or you can order it in little glass bottles of 500.  Down in Florida, I only found it in a little tube, with maybe a 120 little tablets.  I get it here, for $10.00 /500.  It is a little white pill, and you place four under your tongue, two to three times a day, or more, depending on your injury, or pain.
You can order it from,........ OK, I can't say their name on here, I guess, but here is the toll free number for a catalog.  1-800-HOMEOPATHY. ;) I have used it many times, and it is the first thing people here grab, when they have an injury, or up coming surgery, etc. 

Wayne

Offline Huntinfool

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 03:24:21 am »
Good luck with it.

I have it in my left fore finger and middle and ring finger on RH.

I think mine comes from sleeping on my hands/arms for most my life it's catchin up to me now. My doc said not to do the surgery unless I have to!

How's yours doin' Don?

~HF~

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 12:59:54 am »
My finger feels alot better now. I guess i just needed to take a break from shooting.

Offline Don

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 04:40:24 pm »
My finger feels alot better now. I guess i just needed to take a break from shooting.

Glad to hear your's is doing better.
Had mine taken care of and is a little stiff but good. I was shooting one of my light wieght bows afew days later.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 10:54:32 pm »
I do like being young... I never have problems with that.
I shoot a ton, a 50 pound recurve @28", I actually draw it 30" sometimes(I shoot 32" primtive arrows off of a fiber bow)...
I use either 2 finger or thumb draw, no gaurds, nuthin. I also like how the tips of my 2 fingers are like leather. I never get cuts... very, very convienent for a woodcarver.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"