Author Topic: Has anyone ever tried.............  (Read 1649 times)

Offline chamookman

Has anyone ever tried.............
« on: February 27, 2013, 06:17:11 pm »
....the Gut Hafting material that Three Rivers sells ??? Thanks - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Has anyone ever tried.............
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:56:24 am »
Ive been tempted to buy some and try. If you try some, let me know how you like it Bob.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 10:32:20 am »
I've seen tomahawks made using that gut from 3Rivers and it worked well and seemed very strong. I think it is too big in diameter for arrow or small knife hafting.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 04:43:22 am »
Thanks Pat. Not going to use it for hafting - I have an idea for another project, sounds like it will work well. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 06:00:52 pm »
  I bought a &^%$ lode of packs a few years back when they first got it. Or when I first saw it.
  It works really good on arrows,heads and nocks.
  But you'll soon find out you have to split, it the thick peices I've split twice.
  I've even backed a bow with it. It dos'nt have the reflexing propertys like sinew but dose sink up so. It's a lot of work just for backing.
  Gave me friend a couple packs he rolled it out with a rolling pin and said he'd get 3 and 4 strips out of eacjh strip. I did'nt go that far but did split it with a razor blade.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline chamookman

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 07:27:43 pm »
Thanks for the reply Roy. I plan on trying it for lacing a grip - Bob.