Author Topic: WWBHD? ( what would blackhawk do? )  (Read 2966 times)

Offline sleek

WWBHD? ( what would blackhawk do? )
« on: February 28, 2013, 04:30:43 am »
I think I know.... I cant even look at this natural profile and not think of one of BH's awesome bows... And this being erc... man I hope it holds together. It is 62 inches long, fresh cut, and the stick comin out the handle will hold a fishing spool when I am done. Looking for 40-45@25 when she is done. Going deflex/reflex all the way....

Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: WWBHD? ( what would blackhawk do? )
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 04:44:32 am »
well i belive he would have all of them done by the end of the day 50% mollys the other 50% somthing fancy...but we will see what he has to say ;D  >:D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 07:54:46 am »
Better add 3 layers of sinew, of course Im no Blackhawk!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 07:58:03 am »
I don't know? What would he do?  :laugh:

Seeing how its ERC I would decrown some of the sapwood off to ensure some heartwood wood be still in the belly of the bow when said n done.....then I would carefully floor tiller it dead nuts tiller to where it felt like my intended weight....then since its ERC id use steam instead of dry heat on one limb at a time and induce a nice even reflex thru out each limb one limb at a time to where you end up with the tips about 2" ahead of the handle into reflex...then id let it sit for at least a few days to restabilize...then comes three courses of sinew using hide glue...then id let it sit for at least a month(prob longer tho) to cure before tillering to my intended weight and draw....then if all's well id carve a spear point out of that branch to hang your fish on ;)

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 08:40:28 am »
Don't lay it on to thick boys !
In case you wondered !
I am not talking about the sinew !
Have fun anyway !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline 3 otters

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 09:39:24 am »
I am new here but have followed many years through news stand mag. 51 yrs. Young but been able to avoid the computer age till now. Using my 10 yr.  Old son kindle to access. Recently moved to the Texas panhandlers and plan on getting my own computer oneday soon. Can someone tell me why 80-90% of the photos I try to view are blank with a tiny blue question mark?  Great to b here and so looking forward to interacting with all the great people here that I feel I already know. Thanx
                      3 otters

Offline Bitterguy

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 10:31:25 am »
I am new here but have followed many years through news stand mag. 51 yrs. Young but been able to avoid the computer age till now. Using my 10 yr.  Old son kindle to access. Recently moved to the Texas panhandlers and plan on getting my own computer oneday soon. Can someone tell me why 80-90% of the photos I try to view are blank with a tiny blue question mark?  Great to b here and so looking forward to interacting with all the great people here that I feel I already know. Thanx
                      3 otters

It would probably be best for you to post a new thread. But sometimes what your describing happens to me whenever I have to slow of a connection
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
If you're not getting better, you're getting worse.

Offline Roy

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 12:16:33 pm »
Chicken Hawk would prolly screw it up. :)

blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 12:21:41 pm »
Chicken Hawk would prolly screw it up. :)

Come on Roy....I know you can do a lot better than that kinda response....go drink a six pack of that fruity pink stuff and come back,and we'll see what ya have to say then ;)  :P  ;D  :laugh:

Offline Roy

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 01:38:57 pm »
X'2 what Roy said. :)