Author Topic: Mike's Osage Resurfaces  (Read 1446 times)

Online Eric Krewson

Mike's Osage Resurfaces
« on: February 25, 2013, 07:51:47 pm »
Mike McGuire's dad Kenneth was at the Spring Fling with a bunch of osage bow blanks. He said they had been building rustic furniture for the last 3 years full time but were getting back into osage cutting. He was doing a brisk business selling bow blanks this past weekend, talked like he would be at Twin Oaks and the Hill shoot this year as well.

Sure was good to see Mike's Osage back on the radar.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Mike's Osage Resurfaces
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:00:23 pm »
Mike always had the best osage around and plenty of it. I think he had 300 staves at the Classic a few years ago. That was the year his Dad's camp, castiron and all, got wash down the creek during the 14" of rain we had that weekend.  :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 11:07:59 pm »
As a customer of Mike's, I too can say his osage was nothing but high quality.  I really look forward to meeting him at the Classic and I will surely be coming home with at least one stick of his wood.  Loved his wood, but wasn't too crazy about waiting 6-8 weeks for wood to show up after payment was made.  On the other hand, maybe all his records got washed downstream at the Classic and it took him that long to find 'em!!! 

Hey Pappy, I found my old fly fishing waders! I'm ready for the Classic!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:25:04 am »
Talked to Gary the other day and said Mike had called,he hasn't talked to me yet about the Classic  :-\ Not sure about his records JW but all his black pot did. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 10:28:15 am »
Pat:  My pickup was parked across the crick when he and his wife got washed out twice!  I hope he makes it this year as I want to trade for one of his turkey toes necklaces!  Josiah Huston made off with the one from that year!  He is a real gentleman!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 10:42:22 am »
My tent was just down stream from their camp but they redirected the water around me.  ;D The only water that came in my tent was from the door flap I forgot to close tightly when I crashed...I mean went to sleep.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 08:26:41 pm »
I was supposed to be camped next to them. But, lucky for me we had trouble with the Jeep pulling the camper and went back and got the car. It was a good year to stay at the Holiday Inn. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 06:28:09 am »
He just pm'ed me and he will be there,same spot,guess he didn't learn,we have actually cleaned the ditch and put in a bigger pipe,not sure it would hold that much water but might help some.  ;):)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osagejack

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 01:33:59 pm »
I am a slow learner ;D  I have really missed bow building last couple years,,still having fun making furniture most of my craft shows in the fall so I will build bows this spring,,i am really cranking the osage blanks out some days , my record this year is 12,,might break that today,, :laugh:  I am also going to bring lots of white wood staves  the biggest load of cane and sourwood you have ever seen,, I have also got married , have step children , and been born  again,,look forward to seeing every one again,

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 10:08:50 pm »
I'm looking forward to meeting you!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.