Author Topic: New to the forum...Hello from Florida  (Read 4043 times)

Offline SA

Re: New to the forum...Hello from Florida
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 09:50:21 pm »
welcome to PA.  like everyone else said thanks!and keep safe!
Shawn Acker

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 10:27:29 pm »
Like others have said THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!.  Can't wait to see your bows!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Don

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2013, 10:33:20 pm »
Welcome to the PA and thank you for you service. Stay safe.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2013, 11:02:44 pm »
Welcome and thank you for your service!  I agree with Stringman, today's gear is way cooler than what i had twenty years ago!  Josh

Offline Bitterguy

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 11:03:28 pm »
Come home safe! Don't worry about asking stupid questions and posting your stupid mistakes, the guys here will put up with em and help you out plenty, trust me haha
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
If you're not getting better, you're getting worse.

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 06:38:06 am »
Hey guys thanks a lot for the support, although I must clarify that at the moment I am no longer in the military I did 6 years in the Air Force and have been a civilian ever since 2006. I still work with the military very closely as you can see. I currently attached to the Combined Special Operations Task Force here in Afghan and work and work hand in hand with Army SF and NSW. I do 6 month rotations and will have plenty of time to get in touch with my inner cave man here shortly  ;D...glad there are so many people will in to join me !!!

Anybody wanna go look for some stone with me when I get back, I dont really have all that many places to go near Tampa I was thinking about the Causeway to Clearwater heard there is some chert and bay bottom where they brought in rock from the quarry while building the new road...
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline spyder1958

• Retire Air Force, love all outdoors, 7 grandkids
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 10:26:51 am »
Also, I heard, havn't ck it out, N side of skyway has a lot of new rock. When are you returning?

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 11:12:14 am »
I'll be back mid next month...
"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 11:33:26 am »
Welcome. Looks like the tampa area is having a surge in paleo interests. Good for you guys. You all need to get together on a regular basis and you will learn alot from each other. Iron sharpens iron as the scriptures say. Before you know it you won't be newbies any longer.   I'm not a knapper but it seems to me like I remember Eddie Parker- Mullet making some points out of coral. You might be fortunate enough to hook up with him sometime if he sees your post. He will be a wealth of info on both bows and points.  I believe his profile says Lakeland Florida but I don't have a clue where that is in relation to Tampa. Danny
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:36:27 am by Sidewinder »
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline seminolewind

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2013, 12:51:32 pm »
Yeah Danny there are a lot of fellow cavemen in the Tampa area come to find out almost could have out own rendezvous ! I am gonna have to look up Ol' Mullet since Lakeland is about 20 mins from my house !

Elijah,
Tampa, FL.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2013, 03:22:38 pm »
Hi Seminolewind,

You've definitely got to look up Eddie, he's got a ton of information.  He'll be turkey hunting a lot coming up.  I'm in Naples and will be looking to do a rock run sometime soon.  Send me a PM, if you wish.

Best wishes, thanks, ditto on what's been said.

Stephen Parnell

P.s. Also, I'm considering getting out on the Suwanee river mid-march as I've got some time off work.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:26:25 pm by Parnell »
1’—>1’