Author Topic: Re: more work with the guys  (Read 5907 times)

Offline iowabow

Re: more work with the guys
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 12:24:13 am »

[/quote]
Ooooh just noticed that old style vice (vise) in the penultimate shot... that's really cool.
[/quote]
I have never used that vise before this event. I dont even remember where I bought it but have hauled it around for 30 years and three different states. I was cleaning the basement last month and saw it and though it would make a nice bow vise.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 12:39:30 am »
I wish that I lived a little closer John.  I really enjoyed the last time you did this.  Maybe I'll be in the neighborhood again sometime and can help out a little.  Josh

Offline jr 2bow

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 08:03:04 am »
    sunday was a long day. But learned alot more than one way to make a bowthats for sure just like everything else you put two guys together that do the same thing you get two different ways of doing things, Inice to put a face with the voice Scott seems like a heck of a nice guy. Your wife is a great cook and your son is a nice young man. Looing forward to gettin mine done I want to shoot it. Paul

Stringman

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 11:08:28 am »
Nice meeting you too Paul. You guys got a nice group started there. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Scott

Offline iowabow

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2013, 07:31:23 pm »
Felt real bad for steve on that crack so today I knocked out a stave for him and I should get the belly for yet another bow. This one is Cleeeeeeeeeaaaaaan! No school due to snow and I could not run the band saw so just hit with glue a stuck it in the house.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:00:23 pm by iowabow »

Offline jr 2bow

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2013, 08:31:12 pm »
I think he will like that stave, it looks like its nice has some nice waves to it 

Offline iowabow

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013, 07:44:11 pm »
Paul came over and helped me run steve's stave through the saw. He should be set by Sat. Steve's bow is in Paul's left hand and my new lever bow is in his right. The guy with the grey hair is me.

Offline jr 2bow

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 09:17:56 pm »
 They should make nice bows. Steve is going to be happy he is that close to tiller shouldn't take long. Happy to be able to help you like that John its the leasr I can do for you showing &helping me with mine. Paul

Offline randman

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2013, 09:56:29 pm »
Looks like a lot of fun! Yeah that chrono shot is real interesting. The bottom limb is back to brace but the top is still movin and the string is loose and flacid. Very cool,
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2013, 11:14:33 am »
Sat. Looks like it is going to be a lot of fun ...Tim, Cody, and Leroy maybe, are coming over (guys from first bow class). Paul, Tom, and Steve will be making some final building on their first working bows. We are possibly going to get a visit from Gun Doc and Beadman. It's going to be a real great time. I think the weather should be nice enough to shoot some bows. I am really looking forward to the weekend. So our band will be 9 anyone else what to come?

Offline iowabow

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 11:16:46 am »
Forgot to say that snaky bow is going to get some attention also.

Offline jr 2bow

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 08:05:18 am »
sounds like a bussy day you have planed as far as work and play going on sat. im one of the lucky guys that only live 10mins. away darn the luck hope to get that bow done and see if i can hit air if not a target lol see you sat Paul

Offline iowabow

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2013, 10:28:05 pm »
Here are a couple picks from the day. Paul finished tillering his wonderful bow.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 10:46:36 pm »
We showed the group how to split logs. Also Josh shot his hackberry bow for the first time...man is that bow light. I blew up the snaky bow at 20inches and it had a perfect tiller going.

Offline randman

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2013, 10:57:12 pm »
You bunch of guys are just having too much fun! Sorry to hear about the snakey bow. I was lookin forward to seein that thing.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.