Author Topic: 2012 Red Oak Board Bow Trade  (Read 52374 times)

Offline oscar3b

Re: 2012 Red Oak Board Bow Trade
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2013, 01:33:30 am »
Nice tiller hedge!  I'd take that any day! 

Hey iconic and gun doc I've been reading and I totally understand what both of you are getting at.  Just to leave a little peace hopefully everywhere I agree with both of you.  As far as I'm concerned iconic I'm glad you care about it enough to make it your own.  I also do kinda wish you would go ahead and shape those tip overlays because of the shipping damage.  That is if you want to.

Hey gun doc I do appreciate you trying to take up for me and if it were anyone else I could see someone being offended as you say.  I wasn't offended in any way but I could see where some would get hurt at that.  Like I said luckily I'm not one of them but I do worry about my bows that go out and I know I put as much heart into every one as I can.  Again I appreciate your kind words

Iconic I also appreciate how much you like the bow so go ahead and make it your own.  It really won't hurt my feelings a bit if you would like to change anything.  It is your bow after all
Ben

Berea, Kentucky
27" draw
30-70# (though I want to build to 125 one day)

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2013, 02:06:22 am »
Ben, thanks for the compliment.  Unfortunately, we didn't draw each other's name.  I was hoping that would happen so we could meet at Cracker Barrel and exchange bows  :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Josh B

« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2013, 02:28:47 am »
Well Ben, your obviously a pretty easy going guy and I like that.  The truth be told, it wasn't none of my business.  I been ridin' a grouch that has nothing to do with the fine folks on here and yet I've taken it out on some for little stuff that's none of my affair.  For that I'm truly sorry. I'll try to behave myself from now on.  Josh 

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2013, 02:48:46 am »
No big deal Josh, no hurt or hard feelings at all.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2013, 09:55:28 am »
Well, I have to say,Gundoc , it seems to have been handled with the utmost of diplomacy by all involved. I don't think it was wrong of you to present good form. I think all would agree with your statement. And a very respectful reply by the muffin man  put everything straight.This should be a lesson in how all matters should be handled, on this site ,and the world stage. We'd all be better for it. :D

Offline autologus

« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2013, 10:41:11 am »
Here is my trade bow, it is ready to ship but I still want to shoot it a bit more just to be sure.  It is 57" ntn, 43# @28".  I hope my recipient likes it, it sure feels good in the hand.

Grady

Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2013, 07:36:57 pm »
Auto, I like the side nocks.  How wide is your bow.  I' was thinking about a D-bow with the extra piece of red oak I have.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline autologus

« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2013, 10:59:36 pm »
1 1/4" at the handle and 3/4" at the nock.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2013, 04:27:24 pm »
I shot my trade bow yesterday.  It's pretty sweet actually.  There's been more than a few "adult" words uttered, shouted in my workshop during this build.  Some were something to the affect, "I'll never make another red oak board bow, again."  But, after shooting this bow.  I"ll probably make more of them.

I'm dressing her up today.  Should be shipped on Monday.

I'll post pics when she's ready for her close-up.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline bubby

« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2013, 05:34:04 pm »
I think the only thing I don't really like about a red oak board bow is finding a real good board, it seems like the hardest for me to pick out,
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline oscar3b

« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2013, 04:41:40 pm »
Hey auto.  That thing is awesome man!  I love it.

You know Hedge I really thought you had my name man.  Especially when I saw the bow you made was 50# @ 28".  I even told MattS I thought you had my name lol!  Oh well.  We may just have to meet sometime at the Cracker Barrel and exchange some laughs then. 

Gun Doc I appreciate the kind words.  I don't feel like you stuck your nose in at all.  In my opinion, the young need to learn from those that have more experience than we do.  You're right in that I try to be as easy going as I can be. 

Thanks to all.  Can't wait to get my trade bow.  Whoever it is out there just know that the suspense is KILLING me!
Ben

Berea, Kentucky
27" draw
30-70# (though I want to build to 125 one day)

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2013, 05:18:56 pm »
im running a bit behind on mine, ill see where i can get this week. Sorry to my trade recipient.

Offline bubby

« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2013, 05:59:11 pm »
you might send him a pm to let him know whats up muffy, I don't know whats so hard with red oak, I built two last Thursday  >:D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2013, 06:52:30 pm »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( your teasing bub! you beast!

Offline bubby

« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2013, 07:20:15 pm »
yeah I'm giving y'all a hard time,  :laugh:, but I ain't lieing all I got to do is sand and seal