Author Topic: Are these maple?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Are these maple?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 10:59:20 pm »
The deer where far and few between when I was there. All the local guys took their deer hunting pretty serious and it seems one in twenty seen a deer. I just chuckled because we average 18-30 per square mile here, kind of like the bears over there. They are everywhere. I enjoyed my week there more than anywhere else Ive been. The people where great everywhere we went. The old folks smelt fishing down at the docks where even nice, in French! It took 24 hours to drive there, but so worth it. Grand Falls blew my mind when we drove through.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Slackbunny

Re: Are these maple?
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 09:11:51 am »
We're on the northern edge of the whitetail range. Our winters are a little harsh for them, so if we have a few hard ones in  row it can cut their numbers by more than half.

New Brunswick is a little strange with its languages. Geographically its mostly French country, but population wise, most people are primarily English speaking.

I have a hard time thinking of the French as polite because I've played hockey against them my whole life and lets just say there's a bit of a rivalry, haha  :P. But its all in good fun, a few teeth fly and then we're all friends again lol

Grand Falls is pretty cool, but I've seen it so many times that I guess I forget just how cool it really is to people seeing it for the first time.

I like it here, unfortunately the jobs situation is a little depressing around here. A lot of us have to leave, and go out west to cash in on the Oil Sands, and the natural gas in Alberta. Once I graduate university, I may not be able to stay  :(