Author Topic: I really need staves!  (Read 1794 times)

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
I really need staves!
« on: February 12, 2013, 01:06:48 am »
As the title explains, i really need staves. I am running dangerously low on staves, i am down to four :( i am willing to make a good trade. i deal mostly in trade points of all sizes and weights, knives, and wax. i have just about anything you can imagine within those parameters, so if there is something you are interested in, please PM me. I am interested in just about any bow wood i can get, so please tell me what you have. thank you!
My Longbow in one hand, My Colt 1860 Army in the other, and both feet in the past.

Offline Stalkingfox

• Not all those who wander lost. _J.R.R. Tolkien
    • Innerfield
Re: I really need staves!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:23:28 am »
What kind of steel?
Not all those who wander are lost.

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 01:40:08 am »
all high carbon, but from varying sources depending on the product and application. most of my trade points are salvaged sawmill steel, whereas many of my knives are spring steel from varying sources, and my kitchen knives are circular saw steel. i also make knives out of very old nicholson and simonds rasps and files, which are some of the best performing steels on the market.
My Longbow in one hand, My Colt 1860 Army in the other, and both feet in the past.

Offline Stalkingfox

• Not all those who wander lost. _J.R.R. Tolkien
    • Innerfield
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 02:30:54 am »
I have a hackberry?
Not all those who wander are lost.

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 03:16:55 pm »
alright sounds good to start. what are you interested in trading it for?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 03:32:31 pm »
Check your PM's.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline twilightandmist

• My Etsy Shop:
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 10:46:46 pm »
thank you, pearl drums. I am still looking for staves, if anyone else has an offer

Offline seider

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 11:40:05 pm »
I have 2 old Nicholson files I have thought about getting a knife made out of one for trade of the other or would it work that way with handle and all
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Offline Scottski

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 02:40:43 am »
I have no staves at all. Lol!
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline mainehunt

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 12:17:07 am »
I have several stages from Hop Hornbeam. I cut them last year. Some I split and others are whole. All have bark on them. After cutting, I dipped both ends of everything in polyp to seal them. They have been drying for 10 months. No checking to speak of. Also a couple of white ash stages.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those that do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." -Albert Einstein