Author Topic: tiller check pls  (Read 2627 times)

Offline bushboy

Re: tiller check pls
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 01:41:56 pm »
Here's one more
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: tiller check pls
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 12:56:08 pm »
I think this bow would be up for the challenge! 

I envision a serious set of arrows to go with it, after all it's the arrow that carries the mail.  I would envision something with decent weight, like 750 grains or more.  Tapered shafts because I firmly believe heavy hunting arrows need tapering to put even more weight forward so they recover faster off the string and fly straighter.  Then I would look for a heavy broadhead, two blade only, and definitely sharpened to a single bevel...185 grain broadhead so there is plenty of kinetic energy on impact.  Those moose are famous for a thick hide in the shoulders, so cut-on-contact is absolutely non-negotiable.  The single bevels having such a wicked point and super shallow cutting angle really starts to show off it's best character.  Moose hunting can be a very close range sport, the deeper the penetration and the greater the chance of a thru-and-thru the happier I'd be when I dropped the string. 

That and the ability to levitate on demand.  Moose ain't exactly shy about their feelings.

Best of luck to your hunting buddy!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.